Chapala.com Webboard

Chula Vista Country Club - Internet Speed/Reliance?

007tennis

Gents/Ladies,

A moment of your time if I may........

I really like a house there(Chula Vista Country Club), but it's high up, surrounded by trees etc

I require a fast(getting 40megs from here in Chapala currently, but obviously I don't expect that speed, although I'm hearing La Floresta may be getting or already have fibre optic cables-hmm the internet wasn't great when we lived there) and reliable internet -likely with Telmex & Wizz(used to be telecable).

Appreciate any info from residents there or friends of, re internet.

Many Thanks,

JJ

......Lakeside resident for 10 years

**************************************************************************************************************************

Un momento de su tiempo si puedo........ 
Realmente me gusta una casa allí (Chula Vista Country Club), pero es alto, rodeado de árboles, etc

Necesito un rápido (conseguir 40megs de aquí en Chapala actualmente, pero obviamente no espero esa velocidad, aunque estoy escuchando La Floresta puede estar recibiendo o ya tienen cables de fibra óptica-hmm Internet no era genial cuando vivíamos allí) y Internet confiable -probablemente con Telmex & Wizz (utilizado para ser telecable). 
Apreciar cualquier información de los residentes allí o amigo

JJ ...

Residente de Lakeside por 10 años

Hi JJ,

We're renting in upper CV on the golf course. Internet is okay, not great. We go down occasionally but usually not for long periods (few minutes to an hour). Our house is about 50 years old and so is the wiring - maybe that's part of the problem. We're waiting on ilox to arrive. We keep getting told 2 months, 2 months, 2 months. Eventually we'll get it but not today. Don't know how to check what speeds I have but I also have an old computer so my speeds might be hindered by that as well as the old wiring. Other than that love the neighborhood!

Rich

1 hour ago, ManxMan said:

Hi JJ,

We're renting in upper CV on the golf course. Internet is okay, not great. We go down occasionally but usually not for long periods (few minutes to an hour). Our house is about 50 years old and so is the wiring - maybe that's part of the problem. We're waiting on ilox to arrive. We keep getting told 2 months, 2 months, 2 months. Eventually we'll get it but not today. Don't know how to check what speeds I have but I also have an old computer so my speeds might be hindered by that as well as the old wiring. Other than that love the neighborhood!

Rich

Hi Rich,

Brilliant!

Many many thanks for your reply + great info! You can check your internet speed at speedtest.net then just click on ''GO''

What's the electricity like when big storms/rain? Many outages/power cuts?

The house we're looking at is new (or has been completely renovated(not sure which)....it's also high very high up. I am an ex tennis professional so fast reliable internet for streaming the matches and similar is really important.

I'm thinking ilox would be fibre optic cables no? If so they would be able to offer 100meg which is Guad speed and would be great.

JJ

You can sign up for the Ilox double or triple 250 which will give you 250 Mb down and 75 up,  fiber to the home (FTTH).   They installed mine in Rancho del Oro in May and I routinely get 450 Mb down and 100 up.  Best to speed test on fast.com which gives the best representation of your ISP's speed. Fast.com are netflix servers on your ISP's boundary.  Speedtest.net will return a result that shows not just your ISP but transit networks also in the path to the server.   When you install fiber, need to be careful that you have a recent PC, Gb network connection, don't test over Wifi, or you'll get unrepresentative readings. 

Ilox crews moved to into San Antonio /Riberas / Chula Vista area a few weeks ago and have begun installing.  They are running a few months behind the original plan, but things are now moving along just fine.

6 minutes ago, tkessler said:

You can sign up for the Ilox double or triple 250 which will give you 250 Mb down and 75 up,  fiber to the home (FTTH).   They installed mine in Rancho del Oro in May and I routinely get 450 Mb down and 100 up.  Best to speed test on fast.com which gives the best representation of your ISP's speed. Fast.com are netflix servers on your ISP's boundary.  Speedtest.net will return a result that shows not just your ISP but transit networks also in the path to the server.   When you install fiber, need to be careful that you have a recent PC, Gb network connection, don't test over Wifi, or you'll get unrepresentative readings. 

Ilox crews moved to into San Antonio /Riberas / Chula Vista area a few weeks ago and have begun installing.  They are running a few months behind the original plan, but things are now moving along just fine.

Fantastic info! Vey much appreciated......

JJ

1 hour ago, 007tennis said:

Hi Rich,

Brilliant!

Many many thanks for your reply + great info! You can check your internet speed at speedtest.net then just click on ''GO''

The house we're looking at is new (or has been completely renovated(not sure which)....it's also high very high up. I am an ex tennis professional so fast reliable internet for streaming the matches and similar is really important.

I'm thinking ilox would be fibre optic cables no? If so they would be able to offer 100meg which is Guad speed and would be great.

JJ

Electrical hasn't been a big problem here. Been here two and a half years and have had electricity go out maybe 2-3 times a year, usually for just a minute. Longest unplanned outage was about 20 minutes during a bad storm. CFE has twice cut the electrical for long periods (up to 11 hours) and we missed being notified but that's not storm related. I'll check the internet speeds in a bit.

Guest Observer

Actually La Floresta has been wired up for ilox for several months the speed as promised hasn’t really maxed out to what they say it should be however it still is quite ZIPPY. La Floresta was one of the few areas that had / has adequate service from Telmex being close to the office they had and have been very responsive to our needs. Telmex has also installed cable for Fiber Optics in La Floresta I have talked with them about start up but they couldn’t really give a date however they said they will inform their clients. ilox is a startup company that has had a few issues that still need to be worked out fortunately the office is close by and they are always willing to help out. Knowing this we have decided to keep both services leaving our options open. Personally I think once Telmex is up and running they will give the competition a run for their money and vice versa... 

2 hours ago, 007tennis said:

Hi Rich,

Brilliant!

JJ

Not sure what this means but this is what I got on:

Speedtest: download 1.20Mbps, Ping 71, Upload 0.19

Fast.com: Internet speed is 880Kbps

Whatever this means, it's slow. Hope that helps!

1 hour ago, ManxMan said:

Electrical hasn't been a big problem here. Been here two and a half years and have had electricity go out maybe 2-3 times a year, usually for just a minute. Longest unplanned outage was about 20 minutes during a bad storm. CFE has twice cut the electrical for long periods (up to 11 hours) and we missed being notified but that's not storm related. I'll check the internet speeds in a bit.

Cheers Rich

6 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

With TelMex, the majority of abodes in Upper Chula Vista have pretty poor download speeds. Most under 5... some under 2 Mbps.

Yes thanks, I'm lucky to get 40megs with Telmex here in Chapala - paid top dollar for 10years even my neighbour only get 15

35 minutes ago, Observer said:

Actually La Floresta has been wired up for ilox for several months the speed as promised hasn’t really maxed out to what they say it should be however it still is quite ZIPPY. La Floresta was one of the few areas that had / has adequate service from Telmex being close to the office they had and have been very responsive to our needs. Telmex has also installed cable for Fiber Optics in La Floresta I have talked with them about start up but they couldn’t really give a date however they said they will inform their clients. ilox is a startup company that has had a few issues that still need to be worked out fortunately the office is close by and they are always willing to help out. Knowing this we have decided to keep both services leaving our options open. Personally I think once Telmex is up and running they will give the competition a run for their money and vice versa... 

Yes agree. I have Telmex currently as the reliable ISP + Wizz as back up......many thanks

35 minutes ago, ManxMan said:

Not sure what this means but this is what I got on:

Speedtest: download 1.20Mbps, Ping 71, Upload 0.19

Fast.com: Internet speed is 880Kbps

Whatever this means, it's slow. Hope that helps!

Means you can compete with ......dial-up quite nicely.😂

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

With TelMex, the majority of abodes in Upper Chula Vista have pretty poor download speeds. Most under 5... some under 2 Mbps.

Cheers ComputerGuy......Wow....I was getting that speed from Telmex in West Ajijic 10 years ago, get 40megs currently in Chapala(Telmex)

• 1 month later...