Chapala.com Webboard

DESFILE DE REBOZOS - REBOZO FASHION SHOW 2009

ezpz

The Rebozo Fashion Show called Desfile de Rebozos en espanyol, will be this Sunday in the Ajijic Plaza, kicking off the Fiestas Patrias.  This tradition features girls and women of Ajijic modeling the very versatile and ubiquitous fashion accessory, the Rebozo, or shawl, which can be worn many different ways, and is the handiest fashion accessory you can have here. 

These fotos are from 2009 and have just sat in my computer since 2012 when Webshots, the original foto sharing site, shut down its public viewing, wasting my efforts at posting around 12,000 fotos and videos of Ajijic since I got here in 2007.  I feel these fotos are almost historical now since much has changed since then.  One obvious difference is that back then you didn't get shots of a hundred other people with their hands and smartphones up in the air blocking your view!  There were very few people posting local fotos/videos online at that time.   Check out my utube channel for many more recent fiesta fotos as well as my travel videos from all around Mexico.

• 2 weeks later...