Chapala.com Webboard

Medical Body Lift

Mobell

Give Lidia a call at Lakeside Medical. She helped us find a second hand recliner that also went forward to put the occupant on their feet. Her cell number is (was?) 333-156-9080 and the store is 766-2088. She is not often at the store but, if her cell number doesn't work, they would have a new one.

In  Guadalajara there is a medical equipment supply store that has them (and lots of other stuff). 

Medilab, at Federalismo Sur #5,

www.medilabguadalajara.com.mx for the online catalog

And Lidia at Lakeside Medical has them to rent.  I would rent before buying to make sure the hoist works out for you -- I found it to be very awkward and cumbersome to get the patient onto the sling, and it ended up being easier to make transfers from bed to chair manually - with muscle.  But that won't work if you're moving someone big.

• Like 2

I did just that transfer with muscle with my husband. and 200 000 pesos later I had to get my bicep re attached and my rotator cuff fixed.. not a great way to go.. In Chiapas none of the nice helper tool are available, not even electric beds for rent.. I ought some tools from Amazon but I did not know about those lfts, I would have een happy with a bar aboce the bed..

27 minutes ago, bmh said:

I did just that transfer with muscle with my husband. and 200 000 pesos later I had to get my bicep re attached and my rotator cuff fixed.. not a great way to go.. In Chiapas none of the nice helper tool are available, not even electric beds for rent.. I ought some tools from Amazon but I did not know about those lfts, I would have een happy with a bar aboce the bed..

I assume you are talking about Bob. I am sorry he had a problem.  If you could have made it back here I would have helped. Tell Bob hi. Ron

There are recliners now (even for large size people) that absolutely recline flat like a bed for proper sleeping... and also varying positions in between for comfort... and also tilt up and forward to get someone into a supported standing position for transfer to a wheelchair. They are not cheap but are a godsend for the caregiver. It's difficult enough being a caregiver without becoming a patient yourself. Some things are just worth it. When not needed, it is just an ordinary recliner that can be part of your regular furniture... discreet but ready for action.

• Like 1

I have come across a couple of good websites to assist with decision making for helping the disabled. One thing to remember on the recliners is that you definitely want a chair that allows you to position both the chair and the footrest SEPARATELY. This issue was a big beef with my hubby because sometimes he just wanted the back reclined for comfort. Battery back up is also a good idea... especially here.

https://perfecthomecare.net/home-care-equipment/

https://forbigandheavypeople.com/extra-wide-lift-chairs/#Most_Comfortable_Lift_Chair_400_Lbs_Capacity

Suerte!