Chapala.com Webboard

Amazon

no otra vez no

We have used Amazon.mx for imported items that Amazon.com does not ship here. When you place the order, a box will appear showing you the amount for shipping and duties.  We have never had a problem with them. We have items delivered to our house,  not a mail service location. 

• Like 1

The last time I used Amazon mx I was forced to have the item delivered to DHL as they stated it is not possible to deliver to my home. Was a pain in the neck, middle of Ajijic and closed when it was supposed to be open. I waited 20 minutes for the guy to come back, middle of the day. Any time I have ordered from Amazon USA, it was delivered to my house. So, I guess I will only order from the states from now on.

• Confused 1

I haven't used Amazon Mexico yet. I have used Mercado Libre four times and have been very impressed. Do your due diligence on the reputation of the seller... it is right there on the same page as the item you want to order... how many sold and reputation. I love being able to pay at an OXXO and have items sent to iShop where they charge me 30 pesos for each package. I do not have a mailbox at iShop. Delivery is fast, convenient and safe.

If wanting to order from Amazon U.S., I switch the default address to the iShop address and browse. Every single item that shows up in my search will state clearly in its little box if it's eligible to be shipped to Mexico. When you check out, you will also pay AMAZON the duty and shipping charges (if any). Then track your package and you'll know exactly when it's being delivered to iShop... and they are always open.

Anything else that can't be shipped to Mexico, I use Alex Peterson to bring it in.

These methods are SUCH an improvement over the way things used to be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, luvsdawgs said:

The last time I used Amazon mx I was forced to have the item delivered to DHL as they stated it is not possible to deliver to my home. Was a pain in the neck, middle of Ajijic and closed when it was supposed to be open. I waited 20 minutes for the guy to come back, middle of the day. Any time I have ordered from Amazon USA, it was delivered to my house. So, I guess I will only order from the states from now on.

That's weird.  Amazon.com.mx has always delivered to my house--first to an apartment, and now to my private home.  Because I have Amazon Prime, orders from either site usually arrive within 2 to 3 days, are delivered on the day/time sent to me in tracking (including Saturdays and Sundays), and there is never a shipping charge.  Did you let Amazon.com.mx know what happened?  They're very quick to resolve any issues.

• Like 1

So I ordered a security camera from Amazon US and as has been pointed out Amazon collects for duty, fees and shipping. If the duty and fees are greater then the amount collected Amazon will pay the extra. If they are less they refund you! I used Mercado Libre once to buy a portable AC....what a mess. You pay Mercado for the Item, the seller ships the item to you, you contact Mercado and tell them your happy, Mercado pays the seller. In my case the seller refused to ship the AC. It took 2 months and a filling with PROFECO to get my money back.

8 minutes ago, no otra vez no said:

If the duty and fees are greater then the amount collected Amazon will pay the extra. Haha, would never happen.

If they are less they refund you! Absolutely!

I used Mercado Libre once to buy a portable AC....what a mess. You pay Mercado for the Item, the seller ships the item to you, you contact Mercado and tell them your happy, Mercado pays the seller. In my case the seller refused to ship the AC. It took 2 months and a filling with PROFECO to get my money back. BS! Both ML and Amazon guarantee money back satisfaction. I have returned, at their expense, many items to both with quick resolve. Remember you can always get a credit card charge back on any item you paid for that was not delivered.

On 9/8/2019 at 2:22 PM, no otra vez no said:

So I ordered a security camera from Amazon US and as has been pointed out Amazon collects for duty, fees and shipping. If the duty and fees are greater then the amount collected Amazon will pay the extra. If they are less they refund you! I used Mercado Libre once to buy a portable AC....what a mess. You pay Mercado for the Item, the seller ships the item to you, you contact Mercado and tell them your happy, Mercado pays the seller. In my case the seller refused to ship the AC. It took 2 months and a filling with PROFECO to get my money back.

Sorry but something is odd.  When you purchase from Mercadolibre the money is held by Mercadopago until the buyer receives the product. 2-4 days after receipt the money is given to the seller. If Mercadolibre does not receive notice of delivery the seller is not paid. All the buyer has to do is open a claim of non receipt. Money is usually refunded by Mercadopago within 24 hours.  If seller is late in shipping like the example given , just cancel the purchase and money is refunded as well. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 2:45 PM, Mostlylost said:

Sorry but something is odd.  When you purchase from Mercadolibre the money is held by Mercadopago until the buyer receives the product. 2-4 days after receipt the money is given to the seller. If Mercadolibre does not receive notice of delivery the seller is not paid. All the buyer has to do is open a claim of non receipt. Money is usually refunded by Mercadopago within 24 hours.  If seller is late in shipping like the example given , just cancel the purchase and money is refunded as well. 

Same experience here.  MercadoLibre is like Ebay.  Have had many happy purchases, but one vendor shipped the wrong color item.  Had communication issue for a few days (vendor insisted he shipped correct item); then I (easily) registered a "problem" with MercadoPago who acted as go-between.  I returned the item (at vendor's expense) and the correct one was shipped to me the next day.  MercadoPago offered to refund my money very quickly, but I really wanted the item.  

Years ago if you wanted to pay cash, you had to go to OXXO but more recently you can pay at Bancomer and they don't even charge a fee.  

As far as Amazon and Amazon Mex, I love them both. I do find that if I translate the item I am looking for at Amazon Mex into Spanish, my searches yield a larger result and sometimes lower prices.  

I have Prime both in Mexico and USA. Love them both, use them both. All items are delivered to my door. Even my new shoes ! No issues yet and it has been several years now. 🙏 My dogs know the Amazon delivery guy and only give him a half hearted bark when he drives up !