Chapala.com Webboard

Bus to Guadalajara

sm1mex

Just now, sm1mex said:

What time does the Ajijic ticket open. 

I used Google:

Chapala Bus Lines, with their main bus station located in downtown Chapala, have routes connecting all Lakeside towns, villages, and communities with each other and with Guadalajara. Their buses run 365 days a year, and generally run every 20 to 30 minutes in the daytime (from around 7-8 am until 8:30-9 pm and sometimes later). They are surprisingly punctual, rarely varying more than a few minutes from their scheduled time. Some of the outlying smaller areas may only have bus service arriving and leaving once an hour.

If your Spanish is good enough, or if you have a Spanish-speaker to help you, you can call the station in Chapala at 376-765-2212 ...

I take the directo from Racho del oro , it goes by between 15 minutes after the hour and 30 mnutes after the hour.. Do not believe that they always work on time to the minute..Maybe from the stations but not on the carretera.

If you want the discount wait for it at the station in Ajijic a little past Colon going east..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

A little west of Colon, as I recall the station location.....On the south side of the carretera. 

The bus will be going east.

It has changed to a little EAST of Colon on the south side of the carretera. At least now, people can turn onto Colon when the bus has its big butt sticking out blocking the carretera. It does have a larger area in which to park now but the drivers can't seem to do it properly.