Chapala.com Webboard

Experienced electrician needed

ea93105

As an aside to this, are the meters analog (dial type) or digital?    Some of the older dial meters can run slow, and thus a change like this, can show an increased level of use.....this is true whether combining two into one, or just changing from analog to digital.

FYI.

22 minutes ago, Go Solar said:

As an aside to this, are the meters analog (dial type) or digital?    Some of the older dial meters can run slow, and thus a change like this, can show an increased level of use.....this is true whether combining two into one, or just changing from analog to digital.

FYI.

They are digital. I guess I have two of them in order to get 220v, but only one turns

1 minute ago, ea93105 said:

but only one turns

"Turns" = dial analog, not digital.....if you use 220 V in the house for anything, turn it ON, and check both of them while that is on.       Both must turn, or the issue I mentioned previously could apply.     You may only see one turning most times, if most of the house is hooked to one meter for 110 V things, and the other meter / leg may only be connected to supply the other side of the 220 V needs in the house.

1 minute ago, Go Solar said:

"Turns" = dial analog, not digital.....if you use 220 V in the house for anything, turn it ON, and check both of them while that is on.       Both must turn, or the issue I mentioned previously could apply.     You may only see one turning most times, if most of the house is hooked to one meter for 110 V things, and the other meter / leg may only be connected to supply the other side of the 220 V needs in the house.

They both have digital readouts, so turn was the wrong word I guess

Anyway, CFE is the boss here and I have no choice but to change to one meter unfortunately.