Chapala.com Webboard

Cost of therapeutic massage

I pay $400 to  Lolita on Calle Degollado in Chapala, one block west of the recuadora's office. 

Bare bones Mexican studio, but she has kept me walking when I had almost given up hope.

She is studying acupuncture now and also practices an alignment technique that is just shy of amazing for keeping hips, knees, and spine. correctly aligned.

400 is a good rate and fairly easy to find. The more training and licenses a person has the more they charge. Also the closer to Ajijic the more they charge.

You can expect up to 500 or even 600 MXN for an hour but these are for more highly trained and better appointed offices.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, tomwins said:

400 is a good rate and fairly easy to find. The more training and licenses a person has the more they charge. Also the closer to Ajijic the more they charge.

You can expect up to 500 or even 600 MXN for an hour but these are for more highly trained and better appointed offices.

Glad I don't live there. My massage person comes to my house for $250pesos/hr.. I  suspect he charges me that because I have been with him since the beginning. He doesn't work Saturdays because he continues to take courses ,even some Chiropractic type manipulation and herbal medicines. He has clients in their homes from west Ajijic to Vista del Lago. and charges less in his office in Chapala.