Chapala.com Webboard

Hacienda de Don Pedro

Mostlylost

Sunday 1 Sept stopped in to try their new breakfast service. WOW  First;  Coffee & Juice and a small sweet roll. Then a small bowl of mixed fruit.  Next main course My bacon and eggs with hash browns cooked just right. All for $100 a real bargain and great service.

PS didn't have to wait for the food 20 minutes like many other restaurants

Apologies in advance for hijacking your thread. However, your comment about not having to wait 20 minutes for your breakfast to be served reminded me of similar good service at a restaurant in PV.  Las Tres Huastecas is located in the Old Town part of Vallarta, only a block from the pier and on the same street as Andale's which is a busy part of the Romantic Zone for tourists but surprisingly not frequented as much by those same tourists. Great breakfasts cooked quickly, priced very well, with no tourist gimmicks and impossible to miss. It's on the NW corner of Francisca Rodriguez and Olas Altas. Mexican owned and operated, give it a try if you're in PV.

We now return to our OP.

• 4 weeks later...

No, not at all. BUT Pedro was tired of seeing all that business go to the French bakery beside him every morning. He had given permission to use his outdoor tables, and thought he'd reap some of the benefits. I don't know if it has occurred to him that hot, fresh, steamy, buttery smelling, chocolatey pastries are a far cry from bacon and yeggs.

• Haha 2

The group I have breakfast with, all love the food at the French Bakery. It's fantastic, and the prices are very reasonable.. I'm up north right now  and I am looking forward to tryjng out the competition when I return next week. Oh, and I do not believe the food I ordered was "Frozen stuff thawed out and cooked..." as Mijo posted above.

• 1 month later...