Chapala.com Webboard

Blue Moon>>>El Sombrero

NoVaDamer

Carlos & Gosha (of Gosha's) have taken over the location of the old Blue Moon bar. It has soft opened, and will eventually change names to El Sombrero. They will have a Tex-Mex menu, although they will be experimenting with different things for now, so go, try them out, and let them know what you liked. I have attached the menu as it is now. I believe they will keep music one night a week.

menu1.jpg

menu2.jpg

menu3.jpg

I see they have ceviche on this menu.  When we tried Gosha's seafood place (next door to and owned by Gosha's), their tuna ceviche was made with canned tuna.  Yuck.  Is that some sort of Tex Mex thing???

BTW, we like Gosha's, especially their grilled trout (not made with canned trout 🐟).  

On 9/1/2019 at 7:17 AM, Willie said:

As much as I like Carlos and Gosha and their food....the pricing here is a little rich for my bolsa.  Wishing them success!

I agree, a couple of us went there last week and the prices are high, hamburger $140.00? Margaritas $80.00, too high although they are excellent. I had fajitas which were very good and the service was good also, just the pricing was high. Won't be going there very often.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sue said:

I was there last night with a friend we both ordered the Chicken Molcajete and  I had a margarita   . The meal and drink were very good The best molcajete I have had down here.

We will go back.

Really? Then you have not been to Casita del Molcajete or Guichos in Chapala. The former serves free margaritas or white wine with your meal and is our favourite restaurant. We always order one  camarones y pulpo for both of us and there is still left over. $220pesos + tip for the meal and as I said the  unlimited[more or less] margaritas and white wine zero cost.

casita del molcajete.jpg

• Like 3

On 9/28/2019 at 9:07 AM, happyjillin said:

Really? Then you have not been to Casita del Molcajete or Guichos in Chapala. The former serves free margaritas or white wine with your meal and is our favourite restaurant. We always order one  camarones y pulpo for both of us and there is still left over. $220pesos + tip for the meal and as I said the  unlimited[more or less] margaritas and white wine zero cost.

casita del molcajete.jpg

Looks wonderful, where is this place exactly?