Chapala.com Webboard

New modems

"If for some odd reason Ilox does not work out for you you can always go back to Telmex."

SUGGESTION: DON't cancel Telemex until you are sure that Ilox has satisfied your needs.

I have a good friend who is a techie. That is what he did. He discovered that he is much more satisifed with Telmex than with Ilox and when his contract with Ilox expires, he will not renew, but will stay withTelmex.

I wish I had been smart enough to have done that in the beginning. I would have saved myself a lot of grief without too high of a monetary cost.

34 minutes ago, barcelonaman said:

a general slow down by telmex in this area in the evenings. Throttling?

• More likely (and as per the OP's original post)....large amounts of local h/h doing online TV watching / streaming / downloading in the evenings....."self throttling" if you will.....

On 9/1/2019 at 3:39 PM, barcelonaman said:

Great minds think alike..

I bought exact same from ml about a month ago, unfortunately no difference. However my problem is without doubt, a general slow down by telmex in this area in the evenings. Throttling?

barcelonaman, speeds dropped to their lowest point ever with us last night (Sunday).  Tried calling tech and got a recording telling me no one was available for my call.  

Went to a very-crowded Telmex office this afternoon and got a sympathetic ear, but no help.  The agent gave me her card and said I should call tech tonight when the speed dropped and then email her to let her know what they said.  She implied that the only way to get something fixed was to continually report it to tech.  

Came home to find a Telmex serviceman working on our frac's box.  I asked him if he knew what was going on with the speeds dropping at night and he seemed to immediately know what I was referring to.  He said the problem is with "central" in Ajijic.  He then said it would be fixed in "maybe a month."  By his tone, I could tell this was not the first time he got that question.  

Ilox and Izzi not an option for our frac.  Going to monitor our Telcel mobile speeds and investigate if a Telcel modem could be an answer for us.  In the meantime, looks like nightly calls to Telmex tech for the time being.  

Onward...

1 hour ago, barcelonaman said:

Thanks for the update donenrique.

Yes last night another bad one.

Not had time to go into telmex today will try tomorrow. 

Just back from another install in lower la floresta and they have same problem .

Really is crazy when they just increased a lot of us.think i think would prefer to go back to my steady 5.

Just back from another install in lower la floresta and they have same problem .

What are you installing?