Chapala.com Webboard

Best time for getting yearly rental

MNJames

While there may be hardly any in Ajijic or few in Chapala, if you go to the pueblos of San Nicolas, Santa Cruz, San Juan Tecomatlan, San Juan Cosala, Jocotepec to mention a few, you can find rentals. The better your Spanish language skills and willingness to live more rustic the more likely you are to enjoy being away from Gringolandia.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Ajijic is overflowing with gringos and Mexicans almost all year round now.  If I had to do it over, I would live in Chapala as things are cheaper, especially rents and you don't have to spend time and gasoline stuck in traffic on the Carretera (highway).  They have Soriana, which is a little more expensive than Walmart, but not that much.  During high season when the snowbirds are here, traffic on the Carretera between San Antonio and West Ajijic is a slow process to get anywhere.  San Juan Cosala is a little too rustic for me.  I think my Spanish is good enough to survive in Jocotepec, but now I like Chapala more.  Many nice people there.   I think you can find rentals in Chapala almost anytime of the year.  Ajijic is a little more difficult in high season.

• Like 2