Chapala.com Webboard

What is happening with the Liberamento?

4 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Good grief! If there is fixing "happening" that  is simply easy to determine visually what is going on to anyone that has been on this planet more than 3 years-no?

2 hours ago, artsnob said:

They are widening it, so will be four lanes.  

42 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

Remember the year almost a mile washed out and it took months to reopen? Everybody had to go through Chapala, no bueno.

Actually, I think the OP is referring to all the trucks and backhoes  coming and going that are being used to build multiple roads OFF of the Libramiento that are dragging a buttload of debris including mud and gravel onto the roadway. My guess is there are new fraccs planned in them thar hills, but hey, I'm just speculating like everyone else.

7 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Remember the year almost a mile washed out and it took months to reopen? Everybody had to go through Chapala, no bueno.

I don´t remember months,  or a whole mile, and I practically live on it,  for 40 years.

But then the old memory ain´t what it used to be.    :D

Was that the arroyo on the north side of Chula Vista? I remember there being a problem there years ago on the LIBRAMIENTO.

5 hours ago, slainte39 said:

I don´t remember months,  or a whole mile, and I practically live on it,  for 40 years.

But then the old memory ain´t what it used to be.    :D

Was that the arroyo on the north side of Chula Vista? I remember there being a problem there years ago on the LIBRAMIENTO.

Yup and it probably wasn't a whole mile but it was months.

19 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Good grief! If there is fixing "happening" that  is simply easy to determine visually what is going on to anyone that has been on this planet more than 3 years-no?

Relax. I would like to know exactly what they are doing there. A taxi driver told me they were widening it there to make it safer for the school kids walking up there but more likely they are making it four lanes which is long overdue.

13 minutes ago, cedros said:

Relax. I would like to know exactly what they are doing there. A taxi driver told me they were widening it there to make it safer for the school kids walking up there but more likely they are making it four lanes which is long overdue.

I am very relaxed thanks. You will know when they are finished. Relax until then.

• Haha 1