Chapala.com Webboard

Is Cannabis CBD oil now available Lakeside?

I know that this has been covered here before but a recent Guad. Reporter article titled "Cannabis products set to debut in Mexican pharmacies" states that products from a company named CDB Life will be arriving at 40,000 Mexican pharmacies beginning the third week of August. There was a post here a while ago about "Canadians in Cancun" with a website selling CBD oil. I went there and sent them a message requesting their phone # since there was none posted, to make an order and ask questions. I got a response back that they did not have a phone # and referred  me to a Facebook page to make my order. Now, I might be old fashioned, but I am not about to give my personal and financial information to a giant sucking machine whose whole purpose is to gather as much information they can and sell it to the higher bidder. Any company that cannot take the time to talk to you on the phone, especially about a product that has many questions, is not getting my business. Alexander Bell must be rolling over in his grave learning that one of the greatest inventions of all time is now being relegated to impersonal bits and bytes of text that can be hijacked for nefarious purposes (don't get me started). At this time I am only interested in getting this product for my dog Minnie, a 10 year old rescue dog who has been having some kind of back legs arthritis problems and nervous scratching and licking. Dr. Pepe has given me a medical pill that seems to be helping somewhat but I would like to try this since it is more natural and maybe will help better since on some days she has trouble walking.  Any comments of personal experience will be appreciated and for sure a reference to a local retail location to buy this where they accept cash (cash is still King) would be much appreciated. Gracias

I asked Alex Peterson to inquire at Customs about getting CBD from HEMP from the United States. He did and was told it can be imported and has been able to be imported for two years. I ordered and it should arrive next week via Alex. I want it from the U.S. because it is third party tested as to concentration and purity. The "Canadians in Cancun" didn't even have the courtesy to reply to questions I had in an e-mail.

This is the website I ordered from https://nuleafnaturals.com/

and this one https://www.charlottesweb.com/

FYI, the dosage is by weight for either human or critter. If you search around on the web, you will find that there really is no difference between CBD for humans or for pets... unless you specifically want to take the chicken flavoured variety. I'll pass. ;)

A heads up for Canadians who want to pay with a Canadian credit card .... you have to speak with a supervisor at NuLeaf because it is not an option in their payment online because they cannot ship to Canada. Kinda dumb when you want it shipped elsewhere but at least they have a real phone number with which to do business. Kudos to them.

• Like 2

https://www.handsoftheartisan.com/en/

From Quintana Roo and ships very quickly. I buy from them every other month and have been very happy with their service and the results I've experienced. 

I recently gave 1/2 bottle of the Indica oil to our vet who used it on a 4 week old Chihuahua puppy that had been brought to her to be euthanized due to severe seizure activity. After one month of drops every 6 hours per the instructions given in a phone conversation with Hands of the Artisan, the puppy is now thriving and up for adoption by Alvaro. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, chapalence said:

https://www.handsoftheartisan.com/en/

From Quintana Roo and ships very quickly. I buy from them every other month and have been very happy with their service and the results I've experienced. 

I recently gave 1/2 bottle of the Indica oil to our vet who used it on a 4 week old Chihuahua puppy that had been brought to her to be euthanized due to severe seizure activity. After one month of drops every 6 hours per the instructions given in a phone conversation with Hands of the Artisan, the puppy is now thriving and up for adoption by Alvaro. 

It is hands of the artisan that we are referring to when we say the "Canadians in Cancun". It states right on their website that TESTING IS NOT AVAILABLE IN MEXICO. Also the product contains THC of an unknown concentration.... or concentration of ANY of the ingredients. Using the "estimated" CBD or THC concentration from the seed source is not a good way to do business because methods of growing can change that "estimation".

I'm happy that the pup is better but the long term effect of the THC is unknown. However, it is known that THC is toxic to a dog's kidneys. Google is your friend.

18 minutes ago, Ferret said:

It is hands of the artisan that we are referring to when we say the "Canadians in Cancun". It states right on their website that TESTING IS NOT AVAILABLE IN MEXICO. Also the product contains THC of an unknown concentration.... or concentration of ANY of the ingredients. Using the "estimated" CBD or THC concentration from the seed source is not a good way to do business because methods of growing can change that "estimation".

I'm happy that the pup is better but the long term effect of the THC is unknown. However, it is known that THC is toxic to a dog's kidneys. Google is your friend.

I was asking about the Guad. Reporter article titled "Cannabis products set to debut in Mexican pharmacies" that states products from a company named CDB Life will be arriving at 40,000 Mexican pharmacies beginning the third week of August. I am assuming that this will be a much more controlled and tested product, or am I assuming to much? 

This is the article to which you are referring...

http://theguadalajarareporter.net/index.php/news/news/national/53933-cannabis-products-set-to-debut-in-mexican-pharmacies

I have now read it twice. It is referring to "cosmetic" products like massage oil etc.

It says nothing about products taken internally as in a medicine. YMMV. Only time will tell.

I am going to suggest that itchy skin should be treated by determining what is causing the itch, not by covering it up. Itches are usually caused by allergies of some sort. [here is my slightly edited answer to a similar question]

Allergies in dogs can be difficult to track. Foods, grasses, cleaning products, fleas... You have to be a bit of a detective and pay close attention to the dog. Does it itch more after a walk? maybe grasses or fleas; after the floor has been washed? change cleaning products and keep the dog off the floor until dry; general itchy maybe food. If it is fleas, consider an anti-flea pennant available from Pet Place.

Determining a food allergy takes time and patience. Try feeding a non-grain vegetarian diet. (NOT generally recommended long term) Add in a meat source one at a time, watch for a week or so: beef, lamb, chicken, fish... Then add wheat, corn, rice one at a time. If it is a food allergy, you should be able to tell a difference pretty quickly. Remember it will take time for an allergen to work out of the system so if the dog shows signs of allergy go back to the non-grain vegetarian diet for awhile to clean out the dog's system. And the dog can be allergic to more than one thing. It's not easy, but can really improve the dog's quality of life.

I settled on the RAW diet from Audette at the Tuesday Market, and, because in Sam the Corgi's world breakfast was NOT complete without kibble in a food toy, a bit of Lamb and Rice kibble. And an anti-flea pennant. It literally changed his life for the better.

• Confused 1

On 8/28/2019 at 8:51 AM, Ferret said:

Be careful from where you are buying it and do your research. Concentration and purity are everything so you WANT that third party testing. Many charlatans have jumped on the band wagon.

Can CBD oil legally be carried down on a flight ? 

Thanks for your expertise on this subject !

I most definitely would NOT do that. It is one thing for an unopened package to be brought in by a courier, be perused by a customs inspector and pay the necessary customs duty involved than to try and bring it in yourself crossing ANY border (U.S./Canada or U.S./Mexico or Canada/Mexico).

If this is a health issue, then plan well in advance to make sure you have product IN the countries you visit BEFORE you get there. Do NOT transport it yourself.

• Like 2