Chapala.com Webboard

Foot powder

Is there anything equivalent here to a Gold Bond type foot powder or lotion for itching? Maybe even Gold Bond itself... I've never checked before. Ingredients are menthol and pramoxine, but I couldn't find anything equivalent on Farmacia Similares' Website.

13 minutes ago, chapalence said:

Several types in the pharmacy area of WM. What I found the works best for both the itching and to kill the bacteria is Ketoconazol Crema 2%. May I add, it's worth the effort to dry between your toes after every shower ;)

...Not all of us can still reach between our toes, just sayin'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I used to have the same problem along with crusty, cracked heels. No more. After showering, I use virgin coconut oil on my feet (between toes and on heels), elbows, knees and hands. Anything left over, gets rubbed on my shins. No more flakies, itchies or irritation. Feet are pink, healthy and soft.

21 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

...Not all of us can still reach between our toes, just sayin'.

That's why I suggested it was worth the effort. ;)

I have to put the towel on the floor and do some creative foot aerobics, but it beats itchin'  like crazy day and night. I also avoid socks ( damn near impossible to get on and off!) and closed toed shoes until the hot, damp season ends.

10 minutes ago, chapalence said:

That's why I suggested it was worth the effort. ;)

I have to put the towel on the floor and do some creative foot aerobics, but it beats itchin'  like crazy day and night. I also avoid socks ( damn near impossible to get on and off!) and closed toed shoes until the hot, damp season ends.

Crocs sandals every day, no matter the occasion. Socks impossible to get on. However, do have a pair of sneakers that have a pull tab on the back and with some effort can get those on in cold weather. I destroyed my left shoulder in a body surfing accident 20 years or so ago and the resultant surgery rendered it with very limited range of motion so I'm essentially a one arm person.

4 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

Crocs sandals every day, no matter the occasion. Socks impossible to get on. However, do have a pair of sneakers that have a pull tab on the back and with some effort can get those on in cold weather. I destroyed my left shoulder in a body surfing accident 20 years or so ago and the resultant surgery rendered it with very limited range of motion so I'm essentially a one arm person.

I had a frozen shoulder for about 6 months a few years back, so you have my sympathy and understanding. Putting on socks was simply impossible, as was getting my shirt off without help. Come to think about, without help I would have had to go about sans clothes or shoes. You're doin' good pappysmarket.

• Haha 1

Just so everyone knows, this is surface itching, no yechy toe worries. Just started a few days ago while I was sleeping. Very odd. And I can still get my socks on and off. Sandals not recommended for my job. Crocs? You'd have to put them on me in my casket.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lily H said:

His wife may refuse 😁.

I'll make a long handled old man back scratcher with a soft cloth end for lotion for my spouse.

Nah, my wife would do almost anything for me but I'm old school and I hate to ask anyone for anything.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Just so everyone knows, this is surface itching, no yechy toe worries. Just started a few days ago while I was sleeping. Very odd. And I can still get my socks on and off. Sandals not recommended for my job. Crocs? You'd have to put them on me in my casket.

Use the crema I mentioned. It works wonders...even for middle of the night itches. That's when it drives me crazy. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ferret said:

I used to have the same problem along with crusty, cracked heels. No more. After showering, I use virgin coconut oil on my feet (between toes and on heels), elbows, knees and hands. Anything left over, gets rubbed on my shins. No more flakies, itchies or irritation. Feet are pink, healthy and soft.

Where do you purchase the virgin coconut oil?

Thanks.

9 hours ago, slainte39 said:

You were old when you got out of school???

I often wanted to ask you that but was reluctant to bring up the subject as you might take it the wrong way.:rolleyes:

I'm so old I went to school when there was no such thing as a double promotion or skipping a grade. Also, you only had to be age 5 by the end of the year to start Kinder in September. So I was always the youngest kid in my class since I was born on New Year's Eve and never had a classmate with the same birthday. How would I know that you ask? My graduating HS class had 152 kids.