Chapala.com Webboard

Banorte ATM

11 minutes ago, slainte39 said:

Thanks, although it says 7,200,000.00 pesos  (1,500 UDIS)

Siete "mil" dos cientos pesos

$7,200 pesos.

UDIS:

" What are the UDIS? How are they calculated?

Humbertocd

05/30/20160 comments

Investment Units, better known as UDIS, are units of value that correlate with the general increase in prices (inflation) and are used among other things to solve mortgage credit obligations."

https://www.rankia.mx/blog/cetes/3232412-que-son-udis-como-calculan

The Banorte we used to use on the south end of the Malecon advertised you could withdraw 50,000 pesos but we never needed that many at once but I guess they were catering to the tourist trade. During high season they often had to refill the machine twice daily. Most people's banks don't allow that much in a day but some people have upped their withdrawal limit.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Yo1 said:

I've never had a problem receiving the maximum daily allowed from CapOne--$1000US--no matter which Mexican bank I used.  Including the CIBanco ATM that has a note saying you are not allowed to withdraw more than XXX per day.  Hogwash.

Yes, 1,000 USD is the standard limit, I am told unless you make some type of special arrangement (on the Capital One side).