Chapala.com Webboard

Power outages in San Antonio?

Anyone else without power tonight in San Antonio? Our power pole blew up and caught fire around 2 p.m. and I assumed it was just us who were without electricity.  But CFE told me there were several reports of power outages in the area due to power surges. I am figuring tomorrow sometime they will send a crew out, but who knows? Just wondering!

10 hours ago, callejera said:

Anyone else without power tonight in San Antonio? Our power pole blew up and caught fire around 2 p.m. and I assumed it was just us who were without electricity.  But CFE told me there were several reports of power outages in the area due to power surges. I am figuring tomorrow sometime they will send a crew out, but who knows? Just wondering!

Be patient. CFE has been responding fairly quickly lately, esp. when there have been multiple reports made.

• Like 1

I did not have a power outage last night, but I had one about 10 days ago, the transformer on the pole on Privada Jesus Garcia blew (again). This happens at least 1x a month in the rainy season in our particular area (intersection La Paz and Privada Jesus Garcia). It happened to us both on Christmas Day and New Years' day last year. Sometimes I wonder if the gods are smiling on the repair workers, they would get triple pay overtime :)

Anyway when I call I am always asked if there is an OXXO or other store nearby that is also without power. I think this is because maybe they don't want the commercial vendors going without power for too long, or their goods will spoil. So I always say yes, there is an abbarotes store nearby (there is, Pachita's) and they are without power (they are--sometimes). This seems to get the CFE crews out fairly quickly.

Also the main transformer in SAT is pretty old, or so I have been told, and is need of an upgrade and/or replacement parts. It can't seem to handle the capacity we have noew so I wonder with all the construction going on how it will be able to handle additional customers.  We shall see.

Interesting, they have never asked me about stores nearby. We are on Jesus Garcia,too, but above the Carretera, so they must know we aren't near any stores. Maybe it would help if I said "but we are really near the big Corona distributor!" If they were to be without power it would be a local crisis.

BTW my power is back on and all is calm.

• Sad 1

More power is coming to San Antonio. The men working along the side of the road on Colon, next to the construction, are CFE. They are putting in a new transformer that will give more power to all of San Antonio. That's what they told me.