Chapala.com Webboard

Las Salvias, No Power

I live just above Las Salvias. and my neighbors and I have been experiencing a power outage since before noon. Anyone know what the problem is? I'm guessing a transformer blew a fuse or two somewhere in the neighborhood.

I would love any comments from others.

Everything's OK below you and a block west although our transformers are on Tempisque and 5 de Febrero.

Have you made the "report" by calling 071? Once CFE gets a few calls from the same area they are more likely to send a truck over.

I just checked with my friend. He has tried calling the Chapala CFE # 3 times now and no one answers. UPDATE He finally got through. Although the outage area is not that large, there have been quite a few phone calls reporting same. And they have given us the standard answer that they will be out in 1 to 4 hours to repair same.  And that is usually about what it takes..

Thank God I have Solar powered battery backup for emergency power. It feeds one or two lights in each room, the Refrig. Freezer, and of course, one TV, and one satellite receiver, oh, and of course my laptop.

Sadly, my garage door is not on that circuit. But I can manually open and close it with help from a neighbor or the  gardener.

UPDATE: As usual the power is back on and everything is great. CFE is quite good these days at getting things up and running in a short period of time. That sure wasn't the case when I first got here in 1997, though :)

• Like 1