Chapala.com Webboard

WHERE is "Law & Order SUV" on the NEW Shaw?

Just got a my Shaw problems straightened out (better dish, box programmed) BUT I share with a gal who pays the bill who is out of town. I have the NEW (APRIL 29 2019) Shaw guide and I have NO IDEA what channel it would be on. I never paid attention before to what channel it was on before BUT positive it is not the same as before since even CNN is changed. . The channel it was on played 5 or so programs in a row a couple times a week! I am a Law & Order Junkie and it is a VERY popular show worldwide so can anyone help me? Marishka Haggerty to everyone! (Mike Myers used her name as a Indian Greeting in his movie! She loved it!

Thanks in advance!

WOW- I am getting it left to right! I ASKED if anyone knows on the NEW SHAW when & where (#) "Law & Order" is on and was then given a useless website with MY TV (?????) MMT which is not on any of shaw tv- then I get get told to use Amazon Prime or Stream Hulu...............if I had streaming, I don't think I would be asking! THANKS ANYWAY!

• Sad 2

...There seems to be no joy in Mexico. This board had better shape up or we may lose another frustrated newbie.

I mentioned streaming solutions in case your Shaw service no longer has the programming you want in Mexico. Excuse me for trying to be helpful. I don't really blame you though, for what we all pay to be on this board I would probably be writing in bold also if I couldn't get a question answered quickly and the way I wanted it. Deep breaths...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Joyinmexico said:

WOW- I am getting it left to right! I ASKED if anyone knows on the NEW SHAW when & where (#) "Law & Order" is on and was then given a useless website with MY TV (?????) MMT which is not on any of shaw tv- then I get get told to use Amazon Prime or Stream Hulu...............if I had streaming, I don't think I would be asking! THANKS ANYWAY!

Useless, huh? Zap2It lists every show available in Canada and the U.S. by provider, be they cable, satellite, or antenna. Which you would have known if you have clicked on the box titled Change Provider or Time Zone. Further, I didn't send you to "MY TV"; you clicked on the wrong tab. Why, I don't know, when the link I sent (TV Listings) already shows everything on a grid by time and network. And a fine little SEARCH box.

Did it ever occur to you that the show can't be found on that Website, because it is not on the air on Shaw these days? The season ended on May 19. Use the skills god gave you, for cryng out loud, instead of spouting your usual rant. Nothing's ever pleased you, and I doubt anything will. At the moment, streaming is the only way to get it, unless you know how to use the torrents. And you were told what channel, anyway.

Next time you need help, some of us just won't bother.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Joyinmexico said:

• Thanks 1

Computer guy: You never said to go to "change provider" (on the website you directed me to)  which I did, but Shaw does not come up for me.  Maybe you have to be a "computer guy" to decipher it!

I have been here 10 years with Shaw TV most of the time, working very well. Obviously am having problems with the new Shaw with its changing technology and it competitors.  Since I am not the primary on the account I have to wait for that person to get back. Things about TV obviously are changing fast down here.

Thank you everyone for your input but please do not assume someone knows what you do. 

I shouldn't have to tell you, a fully-growed up person who uses the Internet daily, how to figure out a Web page. If you had come back here and said "Thanks... I'm having trouble figuring it out", I would have been happy to help. Instead, well, you know...

BTW, there is no "new Shaw". They have been telling subscribers for several years now to expect changes, and when. It's on every onscreen Guide that you use to select your shows, all over the place. They have sent numerous emails. They talk about it on their bills, paper and electronic. This board alone has seen dozens of posts over the last couple of years.

• Like 3

Depending on one's package choice and configuration, any given show will be on a different station. Mine show up on NBC; repeats run for hours per day on both "W" network stations on the first HD satellite (channels 567 and 568 ) but I cannot get them on the new HD satellite on channel 079.

The easiest option to locate channels on your specific channel lineup  is to use the Guide function on your remote during the time of day you usually watched the show; the channel, not the time, is what changed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

There is also, of course, a SEARCH function using the Shaw remote control.

Yeah, but not everybody is a techie like you...search function...trying to impress us are you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Yeah, but not everybody is a techie like you...search function...trying to impress us are you?

The search function is quite easy to use.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

I knew I'd catch someone...but cedro?

You have Shaw and you have never used the search function!??

13 hours ago, cedros said:

You have Shaw and you have never used the search function!??

There you go, just like CG, showing off your techie skills. Not all of us are that talented.

• Like 1