Chapala.com Webboard

Mexican Woman's Coop

43 minutes ago, luvsdawgs said:

They were just up the street from LCS but are now gone. Does anyone know if they have moved, and if so, where? I hate to think they had to close, it was a good thing for the women. TIA

"AMLO deletes social programs from Calderón and Peña

Experts say the change was necessary, but the diagnosis was wrong; he only seeks to put his stamp

There is no "clear strategy" in the changes to social programs and their impact on the shortcomings of the population that requires it most, experts say. UNIVERSAL FILE"

https://www.google.com.mx/amp/s/amp.eluniversal.com.mx/amp/note/amp/eluniversal/1564335

I've seen the same thing lately. For rent signs in the previous federal government funded social program locations - I can see on their window or on the building the government logo of the federal agency sponsoring them - and some had a lot of activity. Now they are gone.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, luvsdawgs said:

They were just up the street from LCS but are now gone. Does anyone know if they have moved, and if so, where? I hate to think they had to close, it was a good thing for the women. TIA

They have moved farther north on the same street, same side of street as the Parroquia, and just a few doors south of it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

"AMLO deletes social programs from Calderón and Peña

Experts say the change was necessary, but the diagnosis was wrong; he only seeks to put his stamp

There is no "clear strategy" in the changes to social programs and their impact on the shortcomings of the population that requires it most, experts say. UNIVERSAL FILE"

https://www.google.com.mx/amp/s/amp.eluniversal.com.mx/amp/note/amp/eluniversal/1564335

I've seen the same thing lately. For rent signs in the previous federal government funded social program locations - I can see on their window or on the building the government logo of the federal agency sponsoring them - and some had a lot of activity. Now they are gone.

I do not know what you are referring to, I didn't think they had anything to do with the government, according to the previous poster they have moved up the street. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

To be politically correct, it's not a Coop (as in chicken) it's a Co-Op. I would like to learn more about them. What are they creating?

http://lider919.com/recortan-mas-de-la-mitad-de-apoyos-para-cooperativas-rurales-de-mujeres-en-jalisco/amp/

"The Jalisco government reduced more than half of the budget to support rural women's cooperatives, despite successful cases such as the Agricultural Lecu, consisting of five sisters and a niece who sow Jamaican in Tala and transform it into jam, and have increased ten times the size of the crop since they started in 2015, says one of the entrepreneurs, Liliana Lemus.

“TO CONSTITUTE US AS A COMPANY, THE SAME SECRETARIAT OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT SUPPORTED US TOGETHER WITH THE REGISTRATION OF THE BRAND, AND HAS SUPPORTED US WITH THE DIFFERENT FAIRS OF THE FLOWERS, GIVING US A SPACE TO GIVE US TO KNOW AS A COMPANY, WHICH GIVEN US JALISCO AND NOTHING MORE THAN JALISCO, AND WE HAVE RECEIVED SUPPORT FROM THE SECRETARIAT OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT, HAVE GIVEN US TRAININGS, HAVE ALSO GIVEN FINANCING FOR OUR JAMAICA PROJECT. ”

In 2018, the Ministry of Rural Development delivered almost five million pesos in training and financing of women's cooperatives, in municipalities such as Chapala, Ixtlahuacán del Río and Tototlán, with animal breeding projects, desserts or products derived from corn, but this year the budget fell to two million pesos. The reduction is part of the general decrease of 12 percent in the transversal budget for Gender Equality of the Government of Jalisco.

Informative Leader requested an interview with the Ministry of Rural Development to know the impact and the reasons for the reduction of the budget for women, but they did not grant it because the project “is in the process of being detailed in work tables, so very soon we will be able to provide concrete information. ”"

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, gringohombre said:

To be politically correct, it's not a Coop (as in chicken) it's a Co-Op. I would like to learn more about them. What are they creating?

Yeah, the title got to me too.  I couldn't figure out why they'd be sending Mexican women to a coop.  I was thinking maybe it was un centro de rehabilitación or something similar. That now they were putting them in coops to save money on building materials.

7 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Ms. Chillin went down to renew Seguro Popular in Chapala yesterday. Big sign, no services until August 26. She went inside, there were still doctors working, but no clerical services.

We just had teeth cleaned this week so it is a very short pause in services.  Place was busy as hell at 11:30 in the AM.

15 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

Yeah, the title got to me too.  I couldn't figure out why they'd be sending Mexican women to a coop.  I was thinking maybe it was un centro de rehabilitación or something similar. That now they were putting them in coops to save money on building materials.

So sue me, I made a typo and you couldn't understand what it was about. Talk about being picky. When you two fail to make errors and are perfect let me know so I can kneel at you altar.

• Sad 2

There is something in the air: All sense of humor has been wafted away, leaving ignorance and illiteracy behind.  It is either that or cheap tequila.  A third option is too much coffee, leaving an uptight, jittery drunk at the keyboard.

Is "lighten up" a racist comment?

When will it all end?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 3