Chapala.com Webboard

Bringing a Computer to Mexico

catbird

Remember that the standard keyboard for Mexican computers is slightly different than US and  Canadian computers. They have different letters. And the second meaning when pushing the capital key on a number is even more different. Check it out by asking Mr. Google what the Spanish keyboard looks like

At one time it was almost impossible to get a US keyboard layout on a computer purchased in Mexico. I hope  that this is not still the case. I do not know.

• Like 1

Hall will provide an English keyboard for a new iMac, as they did for me. The iMac is capable in many different languages, already installed.They also have Siri, voice capabilities, and all the programs you are probably ever going to need.

Yes, I don't want a Mexican keyboard. And I don't know how to operate a PC. I've always used a Mac and I don't want to have to learn a new operating system. It would be new and kind of big since it's a desktop. I have one now but it's getting kind of old. 

1 minute ago, catbird said:

Yes, I don't want a Mexican keyboard. And I don't know how to operate a PC. I've always used a Mac and I don't want to have to learn a new operating system. It would be new and kind of big since it's a desktop. I have one now but it's getting kind of old. 

Read what RVGRINGO wrote. He bought his MAC in Guadalajara for very good reasons.

• Like 1

When I bought my iMac from Hall's, it was actually less than the USA price. Yes, it is the same computer as sold in the USA: English & all other language capabilities, etc., with English keyboard  (note: it took a week to get the english keyboard, but I used a Spanish one for that short time.  Price will be close, depending upon the exchange rate. Remember, when comparing, that the Mexican price includes the taxes, delivery and set-up.  USA prices do not include taxes, and you will have to do the set-up and file transfers; not a big problem, if you can follow the online directions carefully.

17 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

When I bought my iMac from Hall's, it was actually less than the USA price. Yes, it is the same computer as sold in the USA: English & all other language capabilities, etc., with English keyboard  (note: it took a week to get the english keyboard, but I used a Spanish one for that short time.  Price will be close, depending upon the exchange rate. Remember, when comparing, that the Mexican price includes the taxes, delivery and set-up.  USA prices do not include taxes, and you will have to do the set-up and file transfers; not a big problem, if you can follow the online directions carefully.

Does Hall Computer have a website? Are they in Guadalajara?

Yes, Hall has a website; a new one. It seems that they have outgrown the Yañez location, and have moved to Arcos, as you will read on their website along with their history, contact information and new phone numbers, etc.:    https://hall.com.mx/empresa/

Note the information is also included for Chapala contacts and visits.

• Like 1