Chapala.com Webboard

Rental Needed

Bevan

Would like to rent apartment/house.  Two bedroom two bathroom with covered parking for two vehicles and a trailer. Preferably QUIET and CLEAN....Will Pay up to 500.00 USD.

I would entertain house-sitting as well. Maintaining property with an impeccable style is how I live.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, nothernewbie said:

Unnecessary.

Thank you.  I was just going to ask why somebody is inclined to answer this way.  Not helpful at all.  Why can't they just say that $500.00 is very low rent for the area, especially for a two bedroom/two bath house with parking as described?  Hopefully the OP has done or will.do research about rental availability and cost before moving here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Lots of options if that's per week!

If per month, go into the smaller villages / pueblos, and ask at the plazas / stores there.    You'll find something basic from a local to meet the spec.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, PJPJ said:

The OP obversely hasn't done any research about living at lakeside.. 

We met these nice people and they have been living here for 2 months already. They are just asking for some help from folks who have been here for longer. 500 USD is not undoable even in Ajijic for an unfurnished house, you just need to get lucky....we all know of someone who has had to leave a great renal for unforeseen reasons. We would rent to them in a minute,but our cheap rental is rented.

Look on chapala.com or go around to rental agencies--across from Lake Taco, west of SuperLake in the strip of businesses, across Aquiles Seradan from Vinos America. And all the real estate firms have rentals. 

If not Lakeside there are plenty of cheap apartments in Guadalajara. Mt godson just got a 2 bedrooms living room kitchen and bath for 2500 pesos in Tonala not far from the bus station, that is around  125 dollars so there is plenty left to find a place to park vehicules by the month.

• Like 1

Many small, unfurnished houses for rent under 10,000 pesos per month in Chapala Haciendas. These are often very big lots, and many people buy those metal pole and plastic canvas kits, to cover anything. It is most assuredly very quiet up here. Security is pretty good, but now systems like Ring are affordable, portable, and easy to install. With software like the Ring Neighbor app, you can send any suspicious video to the community's security patrol.

I wouldn't waste too much time with real estate agents. They get paid one month's rent for securing a years lease. They get many times more if they sell a property. The smart ones use rentals as a lead generator, very soon they will ask you why are not buying a place. The prices are so low, and they are only bound to increase. I'll bet you have heard that one before!

The variable is the value of the US dollar. There is talk of a currency trading tax, which purposely lowers international value.

• Like 1

Wow. Such angst concerning agents. First of all, a rental agency takes a monthly fee, so they are invested. I guess there are no "smart ones", because I know a bunch of 'em and they don't go chasing renters. And rental prices are just beginning to go down, as the whole real-estate market is slowing down.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I found this subject interesting so I went to the plaza in Jocotepec and asked if anyone knew of rentals....there are no rental agencies here.....everything is done or most everything is done by word of mouth. I have pictures of two houses and info on a third. One with 4 bedrooms, large walled yard, 4 banos.....8500 mxp. A second one with a large pool and large yard, US style kitchen....5 bedrooms with 4 full baths....$800 usd....the 4th is a former government owned house that has been declared surplus and now for rent. I am told that english is spoken. None are furnished. PM me if you want to make contact.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fred Habacht said:

I went to the plaza in Jocotepec and asked if anyone knew of rentals

Seriously great work Fred!   (and wish I'd thought of that!)   😉   You, DID it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Many small, unfurnished houses for rent under 10,000 pesos per month in Chapala Haciendas. These are often very big lots, and many people buy those metal pole and plastic canvas kits, to cover anything. It is most assuredly very quiet up here. Security is pretty good, but now systems like Ring are affordable, portable, and easy to install. With software like the Ring Neighbor app, you can send any suspicious video to the community's security patrol.

I wouldn't waste too much time with real estate agents. They get paid one month's rent for securing a years lease. They get many times more if they sell a property. The smart ones use rentals as a lead generator, very soon they will ask you why are not buying a place. The prices are so low, and they are only bound to increase. I'll bet you have heard that one before!

The variable is the value of the US dollar. There is talk of a currency trading tax, which purposely lowers international value.

The real estate company's have seperate departments  for selling  and rentals. Some companies have very good and lucrative rental departments 

16 hours ago, Fred Habacht said:

I found this subject interesting so I went to the plaza in Jocotepec and asked if anyone knew of rentals....there are no rental agencies here.....everything is done or most everything is done by word of mouth. I have pictures of two houses and info on a third. One with 4 bedrooms, large walled yard, 4 banos.....8500 mxp. A second one with a large pool and large yard, US style kitchen....5 bedrooms with 4 full baths....$800 usd....the 4th is a former government owned house that has been declared surplus and now for rent. I am told that english is spoken. None are furnished. PM me if you want to make contact.

We have a home in Joco but are looking for a rental for my daughters family. I sent you a pm:-) 

23 hours ago, Fred Habacht said:

Hola Fred, sent you a pm.  Can you share the contacts and information you have?