Chapala.com Webboard

Telcel plan - standard Oxxo data recharge - when in the US

Ntbrown

I lost my US sim card and am travelling back to the states for a few days tomorrow....

My question is:

I have an unlocked phone, mexican number / sim, and data from an Oxxo data recharge (with Telcel) I did while in Mexico.

If I travel to the US can I still use the data I have remaining from this recharge? I have no need for calls and never use those plans anyways. Solely data recharges.

Yes, although your open apps in the US will consume your data incredibly rapidly. To conserve, keep your roaming and celular data turned off until you need it and/or use wifi where possible. And, should you need to add $ to your Telcel plan, any CVS or Walgreen's can add monies to your Mexican cell phone, altho few cashiers are aware of how to do this. On the register, there's a phone recharge option. You pick the country, service provider, your phone number and then can add $USD increments. Your recharge pops up as a text on your phone. Very straight-forward, in case you need to help the cashier through the process.

• Like 1