Chapala.com Webboard

Want to try something new

8 minutes ago, Otis Kemp said:

I'm a 57 year old gay African American who's always lived my life the way my family wanted me to and I want to try something new.  I've lived in northern California all my life and I think I would like to come and stay for a couple of months to see if I would enjoy living there.

2 hours ago, mudgirl said:

I've noticed that Mexicans in general seem very tolerant of gays, lesbians, trans, etc.. I have no idea what the gay community is like around Lake Chapala but Puerto Vallarta is known as a very gay-friendly city. 

Thanks for taking the time out to reply I appreciate that.  I hope everyone will be as kind.

Otis, in all honesty, there is not very much of a gay scene, so to speak of, in this area.  But there are lots of gays and gay couples, and many expats here are gay, there are also African American gays here, male and female.  Most gays, when they want to go out, they just go to the normal bars where everyone else hangs out at, and the gays just intermingle and are very well tolerated, loved, and accepted around here and in México in general. I seriously doubt you will experience any racism at all here in México, just look on youtube Black in México, you will not have any problems down here.  The people, in general, are very awesome! If you need a night out in the city, to perhaps, visit scores of gay bars for a change of scenery, Guadalajara is the place to be and is just an hour down the road and is considered by many as being the San Francisco of México for having the largest and most vibrant gay nightlife.  Spend some time in the area, if you find it totally boring and detestable, just head over to Guadalajara or Puerto Vallarta, the gayest beach town in México.