Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for furniture to furnish a 3 bedroom home


Recommended Posts

 well i certainly thankyou for all your help and if i was using google speech it sometimes says she for he and visa versa. i am looking now at how to do a notification for my future reference. love the fact of your expertise in antiques. good luck...i may get hold of you later as i have some beautiful old antique things in Denver that i have to sell next year. thankyou again. bonbelle

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The lady who was in the country house has passed away. She had already sold the house. Her husband has returned to sell off the furnishings, probably through Julie and Wayne Hensley. If you want to sell fine antiques, you pretty well have to go through Guadalajara.

I am interested in, and skilled in, decorative and applied arts. Happy (pedro) is into folk art, much of which I find quite laughable and a bit of a rather clever con. To be fair though, this is much the same in fine art.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 9:38 PM, rafterbr said:

We were recently shopping for furniture and it depends on how much money you want to spend.  For a basic bed I recommend in San Antonio on the carretera on the corner west of Super Lake is a mattress store with a good selection and good prices.  For other furniture we bought in Jocotepec.  Two blocks west of Chapala Bus Stop is a warehouse furniture store with good prices and they will deliver.  Better furniture can be bought in Guadalajara and most stores will deliver.  Liverpool has an excellent selection and they will deliver.

Can you please  be more specific "two blocks west of Chapala  bus  station ", the street name would help

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You can find just about anything you want stylewise, it is a question of knowing where to look. SO take it slowly until you know what you want and once you decide on the style ask for the places where to look.. Yes the bazaars are places to look at but they are no bargain here compare to Europe or the States.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, bmh said:

You can find just about anything you want stylewise, it is a question of knowing where to look. SO take it slowly until you know what you want and once you decide on the style ask for the places where to look.. Yes the bazaars are places to look at but they are no bargain here compare to Europe or the States.

Or Canada. Neither are the alleged antique shops here but like anything,you can find exceptions for the odd treasure. As an example,I got this Maine, Federal period ,circa 1820, tilt top lamp table from an antique consignment shop in west Ajijic which is no longer there unfortunately.

IMG_0974a.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Can you please  be more specific "two blocks west of Chapala  bus  station ", the street name would help

Warehouse is located on Jose Santana Ote  Just before you get to Hidalgo Eje Sur.  From plaza you can walk one block south on Hidalgo Eje Sur turn left at Jose Santana Ote and you are there.  I bought a sleeper couch and table and chairs at prices cheaper than Ajijic or Chapala.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, rafterbr said:

Warehouse is located on Jose Santana Ote  Just before you get to Hidalgo Eje Sur.  From plaza you can walk one block south on Hidalgo Eje Sur turn left at Jose Santana Ote and you are there.  I bought a sleeper couch and table and chairs at prices cheaper than Ajijic or Chapala.

None of those streets exist in or near the bus station in Chapala. What Chapala bus station are you referring?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, fordtruckman said:

None of those streets exist in or near the bus station in Chapala. What Chapala bus station are you referring?

Not only that,if you go west of the bus station in Chapala,you're going up a very steep hill where to my knowledge there wouldn't be a furniture warehouse.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Not only that,if you go west of the bus station in Chapala,you're going up a very steep hill where to my knowledge there wouldn't be a furniture warehouse.

 

Methinks the op is talking about a location  in Joco, correct rafterbr?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 7:53 AM, bmh said:

Ocotlan is full of showrooms of furniture done there. All modern. Tlaquepaque haf better quality traditional furniture. There are tons of furniture stores in Guadaljara and there are two wholesale furniture show in Guadaljara at the Expo mueble. One was last week and the next one will be in February. You can go with someone who has a business and buy.

 

Do not rush there are lots of choice at all kinds of prices. Buy new beds. The wendy brand in Mexico is excellent.

Where can you get a Wendy mattress lakeside?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 7:53 AM, bmh said:

Ocotlan is full of showrooms of furniture done there. All modern. Tlaquepaque haf better quality traditional furniture. There are tons of furniture stores in Guadaljara and there are two wholesale furniture show in Guadaljara at the Expo mueble. One was last week and the next one will be in February. You can go with someone who has a business and buy.

 

Do not rush there are lots of choice at all kinds of prices. Buy new beds. The wendy brand in Mexico is excellent.

Where can you get a Wendy mattress lakeside?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...