Chapala.com Webboard

Accident at Pancho’s Deli

1 hour ago, happyjillin said:

Why weren't the Transitos called as there were injuries so the driver should have been arrested?

Let me guess:

They didn't actually see it happen so had no jurisdiction.  Only in Mexico.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hopefully all are well.

Don't know how true this is but my MXN insurance agent told me that a lot of retiree expats drive here on suspended licenses--meaning, they were suspended in the US/Canada and those dang folks can't get around "up north" so they decide to move here and drive, regardless, figuring what the heck, the MXN government can't touch my assets here, as I have none. Really selfish thinking, IMHO. 

1 minute ago, Alpha1 said:

Transitos are good at doing one thing, and I think most know what that is...

Yeah, I didn't want to be the one to say that, but...

21 hours ago, daisy2013 said:

4 people hurt as driver did not put car on reverse and drove into store.  Hope all have minor injuries.  Sorry I do not know how to put link

I can't believe the crap on this thread. NO ONE was hurt. I was there; spoke with the lady. Yes, she got in the wrong gear, and as bad luck would have it, her brakes repeatedly failed. She has insurance. Pancho has insurance. The woman is incredibly distraught, and Pancho is pretty upset himself... just think of what they are both going through. By the way, she has her driver's license, and the postulation that people come down here and avoid having such a thing is ageist and ridiculous. A gigantic unfounded rumour within a rumour. Shame.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

A relative, is she? "NO ONE was hurt". That is irrelevant to the matter, someone quite easily could have been. Wrong gear, bad brakes, the poles changed north for south, yadda yadda, yadda. I have seen a picture where there is a skid mark just under the front tire. What a gullible twat you are, or are you just a bad liar? Not that they're mutually exclusive.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I would question "brake failure". She had to drive to Pancho's and likely used her brakes several times before she got there and even to park. Perhaps she bled the brakes dry BUT you can tell when your brakes are working - it is either really hard to push the pedal or really easy i.e. thru the floor. Common sense should kick in and you don't continue to drive.  AND there are skid marks on the floor so .....   image.thumb.png.479f0e27c18e0381750dd93a20d36efe.png

• Thanks 5

2 hours ago, WideSky said:

I would question "brake failure". She had to drive to Pancho's and likely used her brakes several times before she got there and even to park. Perhaps she bled the brakes dry BUT you can tell when your brakes are working - it is either really hard to push the pedal or really easy i.e. thru the floor. Common sense should kick in and you don't continue to drive.  AND there are skid marks on the floor so .....   image.thumb.png.479f0e27c18e0381750dd93a20d36efe.png

The skid marks don't appear to align with the car. Added later?

Her brakes repeatedly failed?  Looks more like she repeatedly failed to apply the brakes properly until the last moment before the fruit stand.  In any event, it sure does indicate some very slow reflexes to a problem that she could have reacted to a whole lot quicker.  Coming from a dead stop parked to where it wound up through the glass would be understandable if she was moving down the Carretera and lost control and wound up where she did.

And who would have "planted" skid marks later?.....Pancho?.....Bomberos?.....the lady herself?   Talk about conspiracy theories.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3