Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard
J.Miller

Driver's licence renewal

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, J.Miller said:

Can I renew my Canadian driver's licence in Chapala and can my friend renew her Mexican licence in Chapala.

Let me know how you do it... Service Ontario in Chapala? 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A probable NO on both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did it 5 years ago. Online.

Now I have to return to Ontario after 10 years to have my photo taken.

SunFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also renewed my Ontario license online but have to go up north for the next one.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SunFan said:

I did it 5 years ago. Online.

Now I have to return to Ontario after 10 years to have my photo taken.

SunFan

I did have it mailed to a friend's address in Toronto and he mailed it down here. I don't have  a residence in Canada but did switch my drivers licence address online to my friends home.

SunFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The online aspect of renewal for Ontario (Canadian?) licenses is a great option. I certainly wish it had been available to me. However, I can rent a car when I'm there with my Mexican driver's license so no biggee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SunFan said:

I did it 5 years ago. Online.

Now I have to return to Ontario after 10 years to have my photo taken.

SunFan

May be time to go to Poncitlan or Zapopan to get a Jalisco license.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, geeser said:

May be time to go to Poncitlan or Zapopan to get a Jalisco license.

I've had one for 7 years geezer. A Canadian drivers licence is handy ID to have on occasion.

SunFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SunFan said:

I've had one for 7 years geezer. A Canadian drivers licence is handy ID to have on occasion.

SunFan

I understand that but it isn't difficult to use your Mexican driver license in the US or Europe or South America. Of course when traveling you always have your passport as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geeser said:

I understand that but it isn't difficult to use your Mexican driver license in the US or Europe or South America. Of course when traveling you always have your passport as well.

We only have Mexican drivers licenses and have never had a problem renting cars outside of Mexico.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm NOB a couple of times a year so it hasn't been an issue of convenience to keep my Canadian drivers license and I think the cost is a good investment should I one day return to Canada and wish to drive gain. Car insurance - Q - How long have you had your Canadian drivers license? A - Oh I  just got it when I came back to Canada. Ah ha a new driver. Do we have a policy for you!

SunFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, canmex87 said:

We only have Mexican drivers licenses and have never had a problem renting cars outside of Mexico.

Never a problem in Europe with Mexican DL, but age sure is.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...