Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for upholstered recliner chair

cookj5

I don't know your level of fitness, but you might be wary of recliners that just have a spring to release the recline. You need enough strength to push the recline down, otherwise you are trapped like a mouse! You can pay a lot of money for some of these chairs. My Mother has one which cost a couple thousand dollars (probably more). It has all back vibration options, all electric assist, and the company replaces the fabric every year as part of the price.

lb Furniture, in the strip mall with Sunrise Restaurant and OXXO, in San Antonio carries recliners. Plus they have catalogues and you can check on line for the brands they carry. They have the motorized or pull type. This is the store that used to be C&D furniture years ago. They have all the samples for upholstery and will order whatever you want.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ib+Furniture+%26+Accessories/@20.2961044,-103.2376018,18.75z/data=!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x842f41365d0a28c5:0x7e87c840da0b430!2sSan+Antonio+Tlayacapan,+45900+Ajijic,+Jalisco,+Mexico!3b1!8m2!3d20.2929811!4d-103.2389353!3m4!1s0x842f413392c1ce65:0x2a7b3422033a8b30!8m2!3d20.2961625!4d-103.2366686

• Like 1

I bought a new recliner yesterday at the furniture store on the corner across from the big fountain at the intersection going into Chapala. I needed one with a wider seat to make my little pup more comfortable. Sorry my leather recliner I gave to the housekeeper so she can put her feet up at the end of the day. 

• 3 years later...

For me, recliner is a life savior. I sleep in this recliner, except I have my own, lol. But aren't we lucky that we have a place to find relief? My husband is not too happy with me as I've spent the last 5 nights in this laz-e-boy recliner! It seems to relieve my pain, and sleeping is easier, although I do deal with a rotating menagerie of fur faces who want to share the chair with me!