Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex Mexico City

I well remember trying to deal with 050.  I'd call, they would say OK, someone will be out Tuesday between 10-2, fine. Monday the phone rings and it's a Telmex recorded message in Spanish, "we believe we have fixed your problem, but if not, dial 050". Not fixed, so call back and fine we'll send someone out Thursday. Wednesday the same recorded call at which point I just hired someone else to fix the problem. Should have done that to begin with.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bandol said:

Who did you hire?

Javier, but that was many years ago and I doubt you could find him. I had to walk to his house to get him, no phone. True, not that many years ago not everyone had a cel.

We have tried 050 in the past, key word "tried ". No results.  We have had about 50% of problems solved by calling the 800 number.  We now drive to the Telmex repair building up the street from Cafe Negra, find a repair person and tell them our problem.  That has worked best for us. If you go there,  remember to get contact information for the repair person so you can follow up on status.