Chapala.com Webboard

Gossips

Kyle

13 hours ago, Kyle said:

We have stopped going .  The traffick noise makes it impossible to talk.  Can he not find a better locations?  He is loosing so much business!  Th food is good but not worth the price and noise.  Does he not know he has competition 

Your choice,others don't agree and it seems his business is just fine. Talk louder,don't whisper.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Kyle, to be fair your OP was a bit snarly, practically begging for a response in kind.  I don't eat there (or anywhere in Ajijic) often but enjoy the food when I do. Yes, there is traffic noise but it does not hinder conversation even with my very hard of hearing friend. The prices are certainly not at the highest end of Ajijic and are not unfair for what you get. All of us have restaurants we don’t go to for a variety of reasons but (usually) do not angrily attack the owner for being in the wrong location for us. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Xena said:

Kyle, to be fair your OP was a bit snarly, practically begging for a response in kind.  I don't eat there (or anywhere in Ajijic) often but enjoy the food when I do. Yes, there is traffic noise but it does not hinder conversation even with my very hard of hearing friend. The prices are certainly not at the highest end of Ajijic and are not unfair for what you get. All of us have restaurants we don’t go to for a variety of reasons but (usually) do not angrily attack the owner for being in the wrong location for us. 

Some people have a feeling of entitlement. I thought that this was only something associated with Millennials but it seems to be trending in other demographics as noted. I've only been to Gossips twice and liked it . My spouse and I like to create and cook at home. BBQ whole Soriana chicken,home fries and salad with one of our dressing creations tonight. My chicken is juicier done in my weber than any of the roadside fare here.

• Like 1

I used to love his food. It is not what it used to be. Add in the noise, the dust, and the extra heat and humidity from the plastic curtains (intended to cut the noise and dust), and I find it just completely uncomfortable. Too bad: I like the guy, I like some of the menu choices. Now for gumbo and etouffee, I buy a packaged mix in bulk from Amazon, which is just as good.