Chapala.com Webboard

Where to buy electric Lawn Mower

Burrito

My husband and I recently moved to the Lake Chapala area and are renting a home with a small yard.  I'd like to mow it myself, as I enjoy this; however, we are in need of a push mower-- preferably an electric one.  Does anyone know where to buy one?  I read some old threads-- some three to four years old.  I don't know if they are still applicable.  I would appreciate any help.  

42 minutes ago, Arroyos said:

She said it's a small yard so that most likely won't matter.

We have a very small yard also and I'm sure glad I don't have to drag that cord around. For a few extra pesos it's way worth it for me, YMMV.

We have a small electric mower that I love and the cord is a non-issue. We do have a fellow come in once a week now to help with other things besides our small lawn and he prefers to cut the whole yard with his "machina", a gas powered weed eater. For the small amount he charges for just the lawn, I don't care what he uses.

I also have a small amount of grass and do it all with an electric weedeater. Like RV, takes up little space hanging on a nail in my bodega. And no blades to sharpen, easy clean up. I make sure to brush out the air holes so they don't get clogged up with grass, but other than that no maintenance. The thing cost about 300 pesos at the time and I've been using it for 8 years.

Haha, I guess my lawn isn't THAT small, it would take me a long time just using a weedeater. I do have one though, as St. Augustine grass grows sideways as well as up and has to be edged with a weedeater.

• 2 years later...