Chapala.com Webboard

Social Security Question

15 hours ago, MtnMama said:

Sounds like a scam. You don't need to meet with people to continue to get your Social Security. Just be sure to return the letter they send you each year if you use a Mexican address.

I spoke with a man this morning and the story is the Government just wants to know if people who live in mexico are still here. I don't much, but it would be nice to know the date, etc.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

I didn't realize LCS was in the business of answering questions about US Social Security.  Suggest you get any future answers re: same from them in writing to possibly cover yourself when things go south.  Good luck.

Sandrita, if you have a Mexican address registered with Social Security you will receive a letter in the mail at said address once a year. It basically asks if there have been any changes in the past year that might affect payment. You fill it out and mail it back ASAP in the envelope they provide. Some people pay a small fortune to have it couriered, some use iShop, HandiMail or Sol y Luna, but you can also send it via Correos. 

This annual task DOES NOT involve other people!

Please consider the fact that you might be having some cognitive issues that might benefit from a trip to your doctor. I am sure others have become concerned lately, too. Something is amiss judging by your questions and the problems you seem to be encountering in your daily life.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4