Chapala.com Webboard

Kindle recommendatoins needed

Natasha

17 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Mike, my old Kindle's charger says 4.9 VOLTS and is an Amazon original.  Would that work? (Assume yes but.......). My Android phone (Samsung Galaxy) is 5.3 VOLTS so assume not a good idea. Thanks to all for the lively conversation!  Screens (like my phone, anything that takes fingerprints, etc. ) do NOT accept my fingersso hope I can tap the new screen to turn pages!!

Yes, that will work just fine. And the new screens are non-glare and quite sensitive, so you should be okay.

3 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Much easier than pushing a button; especially since over time the buttons get gluey from the dust and sweat that eek into the indentation. Newer devices can be set to tap or swipe. And new devices have a completely smooth screen, no extruded frame, therefore easier to clean.

Mine too--I just slightly tap the bottom right corner of the screen and the next page pops up.  

4 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Yes, that will work just fine. And the new screens are non-glare and quite sensitive, so you should be okay.

Maybe it's a marketing gimmick but just had an on-line chat with Amazon and they said NOT to use the old adapter with the new device.  ???  Also said old ones DID only indicate volts while new ones include watts.  Too tricky for me.

But since it tends to heat up these days, maybe just as well.  Heck.... it's only money.......🥴

Once again, thanks to all.  Ordering now so any more replies will be  too late for the barn door to close.