Chapala.com Webboard

Jocotepec grocery store

Mijo

Bodega Aurera;

https://www.google.com.mx/maps/place/Mi+Bodega+Aurrerá+Jocotepec+(4093)/@20.2856809,-103.4243428,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x76eed4c9cf695756!8m2!3d20.2856809!4d-103.4243428

As you come into Jocotepec from the east  pass the Pemex, then the first street light and it is on your right. 

There are numerous small corner stores that carry very limited stock. Stock that often isn't very fresh.

To get better selection you really need to go to Walmart in San Antonio or Soriana in Chapala 

It has been many years since I lived in Joco, but the street that runs just north of the Plaza, Morelos, has a dozen little stores with everything from produce to fish to meat to grocery items to kitchen stuff to... Look for the large several story building on the corner - El Mercado indoor market. More shops, baked goods, meat, poultry, produce and upstairs are clothing stores and more. Can't imagine why anyone would go to Bodega??

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Mijo said:

No time. No groceries to eat. Wander later. 

Walmart. No need to wander once you get there.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/12/2019 at 12:48 AM, MtnMama said:

It has been many years since I lived in Joco, but the street that runs just north of the Plaza, Morelos, has a dozen little stores with everything from produce to fish to meat to grocery items to kitchen stuff to... Look for the large several story building on the corner - El Mercado indoor market. More shops, baked goods, meat, poultry, produce and upstairs are clothing stores and more. Can't imagine why anyone would go to Bodega??

Good advice.  Except for market day, El Mercado does not have as many shops as it use to.  Although you can find virtually everything you need on the street it is on.  While there eat some cabrito in the plaza.  Just west of El Mercado on the south side of street is pharmacy with great prices.  Every time I go back to the states I stock up there. 

• Like 2