Chapala.com Webboard

Missing House/Pet Sitters

Wookie

I have shared this information on the pet forum but I am also posting it here as more people read this forum.  If the moderators think this inappropriate I will remove it.

There is a lady, Jennifer Davies, that has posted on FaceBook that her house/pet sitters last communicated with her on August 4.  They apparently left her home in a hurry and took the cat.  Their names are Pamela and Daniel Chavis.  Jennifer is wondering if anyone knows them or is renting to them ... if anyone knows whether or not these people are okay themselves and whether or not they are still in the area.  If you have any information to share please go to her fb page and let her know.  If you are not on facebook then you can private message me and I can post a private message to her.  Her cat looks to be a medium to long haired, apricot colored cat with a white tipped tail and other white markings.

4 hours ago, chapalence said:

This is a link for a post in a Closed FB Group. Only members of that group can view it.

I am not a member of a closed FB group. However, I presume, because I have an active FB account, I am/was able to easily go to most other FB accounts, to include the FB link shown above.

However, now that the cat has been returned, when I try to go to the link, I now get

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may be broken or expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.  

which I would expect

What's being reported is the couple had emailed the owner on Sunday last to let her know they were having to leave because her roof was leaking so badly.  They told her they were taking the cat and would care for it until she got home ....the problem was the owner didn't see the email apparently 😞.  So the house sitters were not the bad guys.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Willie said:

A public apology forthcoming?????

Apologize for trying to find out what happened to their cat? They accused the couple of nothing other than not answering their phone and appearing to have suddenly left the house with the family’s cat. They expressed concern for the couple’s safety and worry about their cat. There are no bad guys here.  

• Like 5

This time the sitters were not the bad guys. They possibly could have done more to contact the home owner, as emails often get lost, but did nothing wrong. Unfortunately I expect we have all heard various horror stories about inept, unreliable house/pet sitters. Just a reminder to be very careful when choosing someone to stay in your home and be responsible for your pets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

and maybe you should warn the house sitter that your roof is defective and will leaklike a sieve and check your e-mails..Whatsapp works great and that is one case where people could have used it..

I guess we are lucky we so far have not had one bad house and pet sitter..

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bmh said:

and maybe you should warn the house sitter that your roof is defective and will leaklike a sieve and check your e-mails..Whatsapp works great and that is one case where people could have used it..

I guess we are lucky we so far have not had one bad house and pet sitter..

It didn't appear to be bad house sitters but more like bad house owners.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

The owner's ought to be apologizing to the sitter for leaving her in a house that bad. Shame on them.

Roofs can start leaking at any time. It seems presumptuous to assume that the owners were aware that the roof leaked badly. I can't imagine that they wouldn't be concerned about fixing a leaky roof, as that could destroy their furnishings and belongings.

I can't understand how so many posters here started talking about who was the "bad" guy. The OP simply asked if anyone had knowledge of where this couple could be, there was no accusation of them being some kind of untrustworthy people.

2 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Roofs can start leaking at any time. It seems presumptuous to assume that the owners were aware that the roof leaked badly. I can't imagine that they wouldn't be concerned about fixing a leaky roof, as that could destroy their furnishings and belongings.

I can't understand how so many posters here started talking about who was the "bad" guy. The OP simply asked if anyone had knowledge of where this couple could be, there was no accusation of them being some kind of untrustworthy people.

A leak here and there can happen anytime. If the place was so bad they actually had to leave the owners were clearly negligent in their maintenance.

• Like 1