Chapala.com Webboard

Super Boost Wi Fi device-real or scam?

sm1mex

MSN keeps having an ad for this Super Boost Wi Fi speed device in Mexico.  Has anyone heard of this?  It says it will boost your wi fi speed from 8.5 to 32.2.  You have to order it on line and they are offering a 50% discount now so the price is $49.99.

You can plug this device into any electrical outlet in the house and it will increase wi fi through concrete walls or any room in the house including upstairs.

I don't know if this is a really good device or a scam.  Anyone heard of this device?

web site is techdiscountdeals.com

5 hours ago, sm1mex said:

MSN keeps having an ad for this Super Boost Wi Fi speed device in Mexico.  Has anyone heard of this?  It says it will boost your wi fi speed from 8.5 to 32.2.  You have to order it on line and they are offering a 50% discount now so the price is $49.99.

You can plug this device into any electrical outlet in the house and it will increase wi fi through concrete walls or any room in the house including upstairs.

I don't know if this is a really good device or a scam.  Anyone heard of this device?

web site is techdiscountdeals.com

I thought what the boosters boosted was range of your wifi, not the speed. The speed is limited  (By your internet provider and physics) to what your pipeline capacity is. The only to increase that capacity might be some sort of compression.

These extenders can increase the coverage of the WiFi signal. And will in the process slow the internet speed you will get from the extenders.  At least that has been my experience. (And also what I have read).

16 minutes ago, johanson said:

These extenders can increase the coverage of the WiFi signal. And will in the process slow the internet speed you will get from the extenders.  At least that has been my experience. (And also what I have read).

My experience has been the same. You can buy them at Steren for about 450 pesos.