Chapala.com Webboard

Riberas Dam Burst?

Did you just get up? The rain started at 8:50 a.m. I had already checked the rain gauge at 7 am and there was nothing in it. By 9:13 am, there was one inch of rain in it and it seemed to easing off. Nope. Started up again. When it stops raining, I'll check it again.

That's a lot of rain in a very short period of time and the ground can't absorb it that quickly. Mountain run off?

From 9:13 to a minute ago... add another 0.2 inches. I thought it was done... but, no, here it comes again. I think I'm going to stop emptying the rain gauge because, every time I do, the rain starts up again. Sigh.

That happened a few years ago in the Raquet Club. Water built up in the hills and one early evening it let loose, was not raining and I know someone who went out to move his car inside his cochera and he got washed down the street. Police and several by standers helped him out of the water and got him back home.

Finally, it is brightening in the east and the rain has stopped. From 7:45 am to 11 am, I got 1.5 inches. A river runs through it.

Never lost electricity. Never lost internet. I have no leaks and the property drains well. All is well.