Chapala.com Webboard

Cast iron frypans

ComputerGuy

21 minutes ago, Ian Greenwood said:

“ So much snark and so many pointless put downs “. ....how about gross exaggerations  , just surprised you didn’t call them alternative facts ....learn to laugh at the world a little...

I gave some thought to discussing humor here, but decided it would be a waste of time.  If your attitude enhances your life, by all means hang onto it.

Oh come on Pringal can’t you find a shred of humor in the juxtaposition of all the Mexicans and Central Americans carrying what they can  trying to head north for  a better life and all the gringos dragging cast iron frypans and the rest of their crap in the other direction  ‘ cos they can’t afford the better life...seems to me perfect  New Yorker material 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ian Greenwood said:

Oh come on Pringal can’t you find a shred of humor in the juxtaposition of all the Mexicans and Central Americans carrying what they can  trying to head north for  a better life and all the gringos dragging cast iron frypans and the rest of their crap in the other direction  ‘ cos they can’t afford the better life...seems to me perfect  New Yorker material 

...by all means, keep it up: obviously at least one reader found it amusing.  If you are stuck personally in Mexico because you can't afford the States,  that's sad....but that doesn't mean you have company...so speak for yourself, not "all the gringos".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Please Priingal don’t take it so personal...it was just the image of you and “ wishbone “ heading south in your little covered wagon all those years ago with your  frypans and gardening tools  strapped on top that I found amusing... I’m sure the lateness of the hour and the wine helped ..... Apologies...Ian

• Sad 1