Chapala.com Webboard

Tingting

1 hour ago, camillenparadise said:

Oh Lordy, NO! Sorry if I gave that impression! They were my Granny's who raised me!

I won't expect otherwise, simply figured if you didn't use them you may wish to sell them. However I understand the real value they have, cherish them for the love they contain...

8 hours ago, Alpha1 said:

rafterbr....Do you still have your Griswold skillets? Are they for sale?

I still have my skillets but they are at my ranch in Oklahoma.  I might bring you one before Christmas as I will be traveling back and forth.  I usually sale my calfs in October.. As you know they are quite heavy so about one at a time or maybe two is about all I would be able to manage.  I think everyone should have a good skillet so it would be my Christmas gift to you.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, camillenparadise said:

Thank you! You shoulda seen 'em full of the best fried chicken on the planet!

The thing I miss most here in Ajijic is good old home cooked fried chicken,  Most of the people here will never know what a skillet of fried chicken tastes like.  There is one or two places where the chicken is not too bad but not as good as home cooking.  I hope you make gravy with the chicken leavings and home made biscuits.  Now you've made me hungry I'll have to bring a skillet back with me next trip. I'll also bring one for Alpha1.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, camillenparadise said:

You are a gracious gentleman, rafterbr!

Just another Utopian….

Lamenting about fried chicken that was last seen here when they killed the last unicorn. (if it was ever here)

Indeed!!! Indeed!!! Indeed!!!  Maybe it will return with the second coming along with real Irish pub fish and chips.:(:(:(

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rafterbr said:

I still have my skillets but they are at my ranch in Oklahoma.  I might bring you one before Christmas as I will be traveling back and forth.  I usually sale my calfs in October.. As you know they are quite heavy so about one at a time or maybe two is about all I would be able to manage.  I think everyone should have a good skillet so it would be my Christmas gift to you.  

Sent you a PM.