Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard
happyjillin

Dr. Jaun M. Aceves

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”

attributed to Hippocrates, you know,  the same one that Doctors are supposed to follow.

The Hippocratic Oath is an oath of ethics. Not much to do about clinical trials and peer review of effective treatments.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An old thread emerged recently mentioning Aceves' new interest is in stem cell[alleged]therapy. That settles that,I will not consult with any local doctors that promote that. As regards that, I read an article in one of my Canadian newspapers this AM that the Canadian Government is finally cracking down on these bs stem cell clinics and will close them and /or prosecute them.

This creepy nonsense is taking over in Mexico with zero regulation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

An old thread emerged recently mentioning Aceves' new interest is in stem cell[alleged]therapy. That settles that,I will not consult with any local doctors that promote that. As regards that, I read an article in one of my Canadian newspapers this AM that the Canadian Government is finally cracking down on these bs stem cell clinics and will close them and /or prosecute them.

This creepy nonsense is taking over in Mexico with zero regulation.

Stem cell treatment is all the rage Lakeside. People are throwing fistfuls of money at doctors for this miracle cure for everything from bad backs, hips, knees, cancer, aging, asthma, IBS, etc. Overheard a conversation among several women at a restaurant. They were discussing the doctor a couple of them are going to. One said she wanted to try the whole body stem cells (something like that). Asked what that was, she said that instead of going to a specific place like the ones she was getting for her hip, these cells go everywhere in the body where they might be needed, like your heart or lungs. One of the women asked how the cells know where they are needed. No one seemed to know. They just knew it worked. Oh, and it cost 4500 pesos per month, plus the vitamins you have to take to help the stem cells multiply. Special vitamins, of course. That luckily the doctor has to sell you.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xena said:

Stem cell treatment is all the rage Lakeside. People are throwing fistfuls of money at doctors for this miracle cure for everything from bad backs, hips, knees, cancer, aging, asthma, IBS, etc. Overheard a conversation among several women at a restaurant. They were discussing the doctor a couple of them are going to. One said she wanted to try the whole body stem cells (something like that). Asked what that was, she said that instead of going to a specific place like the ones she was getting for her hip, these cells go everywhere in the body where they might be needed, like your heart or lungs. One of the women asked how the cells know where they are needed. No one seemed to know. They just knew it worked. Oh, and it cost 4500 pesos per month, plus the vitamins you have to take to help the stem cells multiply. Special vitamins, of course. That luckily the doctor has to sell you.

Of course these local doctors all took a weekend course to know everything there is to know about stem cell hogwash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the rage, especially in Europe is about DNA and personalised medicine. By 2025 the cost of obtaining, sequencing, and storing your personal genomic profile will be $1. The National Health Services already has 100,000 genomes for patients and families with flags for genetically linked diseases, many of them very rare and hard to diagnosis. The NHS is evolving to sample all patients. Then there is the new mind blowing technology of CRISPR, which can edit genes and solve a lot of disease treatment problems. There may privacy issues here, but not so much in Europe. A fascinating time to be alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

All the rage, especially in Europe is about DNA and personalised medicine. By 2025 the cost of obtaining, sequencing, and storing your personal genomic profile will be $1. The National Health Services already has 100,000 genomes for patients and families with flags for genetically linked diseases, many of them very rare and hard to diagnosis. The NHS is evolving to sample all patients. Then there is the new mind blowing technology of CRISPR, which can edit genes and solve a lot of disease treatment problems. There may privacy issues here, but not so much in Europe. A fascinating time to be alive.

You are correct that Europe as a whole are less homophobic about about personal information than the USA, and having less road blocks can and will move faster to embracing  the new technology.... and the US is still contemplating its navel

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Homophobic, really?

In the U.S. too much personal genetic information in the hands of private, for profit insurance companies is a very scary thing. There is not much motive to insure someone who probably will get sick. The situation is very different where health care is a universal right and not just an opportunity to turn a profit.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ho·mo·pho·bic
/ˌhōməˈfōbik/
adjective
 
  1. having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people.
    "homophobic remarks"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lakeside7 said:

You are correct that Europe as a whole are less homophobic about about personal information

Are you running low on the good stuff?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fred Habacht said:

Lakeside 7 is usually somewhat right or almost hitting the target.....

He does well if you grade on the curve.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...