Chapala.com Webboard

How about this for a suggestion.

How's about people use the resources we all have to first search for an answer to their question. Simple things like the search function on this board, Google and many many others. And perhaps not use this board as a way to try and reinforce something you have already decided to do. An example would be "Do you really have to be at the airport 3 hours ahead?" Or, "I'm getting nervous about blah, blah, blah". Perhaps those types of questions would best be asked via PM to a board member you trust. Or how about this one "Does anybody know a notary who can notarize my American document here in Mexico, and if so, how much should I pay?" "Does anybody know what time blankety-blank closes on Saturday?" Did you check Google? "Some stranger rang my doorbell, does anybody know who he is and what he wanted?' Did you go to the door and ask him? "My attorney said blank, blank, does anyone know if this is true?" Maybe if a little more thought and work was done before posting some of the answers you find offensive might disappear. Oh, I know this won't be well received, but how about everyone rereads their post before hitting "Enter" so perhaps the percentage of readers that can figure out WTF might rise to the 80th percentile.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

How's about people use the resources we all have to first search for an answer to their question. Simple things like the search function on this board, Google and many many others. And perhaps not use this board as a way to try and reinforce something you have already decided to do. An example would be "Do you really have to be at the airport 3 hours ahead?" Or, "I'm getting nervous about blah, blah, blah". Perhaps those types of questions would best be asked via PM to a board member you trust. Or how about this one "Does anybody know a notary who can notarize my American document here in Mexico, and if so, how much should I pay?" "Does anybody know what time blankety-blank closes on Saturday?" Did you check Google? "Some stranger rang my doorbell, does anybody know who he is and what he wanted?' Did you go to the door and ask him? "My attorney said blank, blank, does anyone know if this is true?" Maybe if a little more thought and work was done before posting some of the answers you find offensive might disappear. Oh, I know this won't be well received, but how about everyone rereads their post before hitting "Enter" so perhaps the percentage of readers that can figure out WTF might rise to the 80th percentile.

No point in having a Board then. It is a social thing for some.

4 minutes ago, cedros said:

No point in having a Board then. It is a social thing for some.

Fine with me, but then they might want to put on their big boy pants and thicken their skin so as to not be offended by anyone who responds to a poorly thought out question. I don't see how you can have it both ways. Oh, maybe let the OP become the Mod, yeah, I bet that would increase board usage. Why didn't I think of that?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

Fine with me, but then they might want to put on their big boy pants and thicken their skin so as to not be offended by anyone who responds to a poorly thought out question. I don't see how you can have it both ways. Oh, maybe let the OP become the Mod, yeah, I bet that would increase board usage. Why didn't I think of that?

Beauty,haha!

36 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

Why didn't I think of that?

I'm thinking that you are playing right into the hands of Eric the agitator. 

BTW, does anyone know if the carretera is busy this morning? Is Super Lake open yet?

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, RickS said:

I'm thinking that you are playing right into the hands of Eric the agitator. 

BTW, does anyone know if the carretera is busy this morning? Is Super Lake open yet?

Personally I would like to know when its going to rain next in SAT?

Oh, and when does the 24 hour Oxxo close?

SunFan

• Haha 2

When I pee.....how can I be sure I have waited long enough? Can I sue myself for everything and keep the damages I might win? 

Speaking of my leaking concrete base....I just flushed the toilet and the water ran out! I am digging a trench to see where it went....can you suggest a trench digger....that doesn't charge for labor?

Edited by Fred Habacht
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Eric Blair said:

Thank you all who posted. You have validated my hypothesis, and my respect to Xena, who sent me a PM on my post.

I will be removing this shortly.

Not exactly, Eric. I replied to the PM you sent me. Slight but important difference.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

So what you are saying is this is the place of last resort, when all other sources have been exhausted. Right?

17 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

So what you are saying is this is the place of last resort, when all other sources have been exhausted. Right?

No...What I'm saying is think before you open your mouth. If people can tell you're not just a lazy &*# they are more likely to want to help with an interesting question than if they can clearly tell you're just trying to amuse yourself with some bit of trivia or just being lazy. I have no problem with a lazy person asking 20 questions a day. But when they then start whining that other members are dissing them, well....

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

My only comments:  the "search" function on this board could use some work. Otherwise, I agree that people could work harder to find their answers before asking on here.  And since I'm "peeving"...please stop assuming that the whole universe is on Facebook and could seek their answers there.  There are people who refuse to be "assimilated by the Borg"...on principle.👽But if you're okay with it, far be it from me to argue against your being part of it. 🖖

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

What side of bed did you get out of? That is what boards are for.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, cedros said:

What side of bed did you get out of? That is what boards are for.

OK with me, just don't whine when others that disagree push the other direction.

Best regards