Chapala.com Webboard

Intermittent ILOX Outdial Problem

I'm looking to see if anyone else using ILOX and has ported their phone number has had this experience. This doesn't happen all the time but is consistent enough to be an annoyance.

ILOX says the lag time between dialing a number to a Telmex subscriber and hearing a ring can be 2-10 seconds. It can be faster when dialing 10 digits as the system must wait after 7 to see if more is coming. When the call fails there is a long delay with no ring and then a click. I find out that the phone rang on the other end, they speak but get no response and hang up. I don't hear their voice and they can't hear mine. The click is probably the hangup.

Often redialing the same number connects just fine. Other times not. ILOX says everything looks good on their end so I'm suspecting hardware and am now waiting for a technician. Of course when he comes there will be no failures.

No problems dialing a cell phone or another ILOX subscriber, only Telmex.

Thanks for sharing any similar experiences.

The Ilox phone system is VOIP; voice over internet. I had many different issues with Ilox and my VOIP service until I had them change over my service to a public IP address from the standard setup of a private IP address.

Now my VOIP (Callcentric similar to Vonage) and the Ilox phone service works OK when the internet is up. In general I think that the Ilox modem is unreliable; sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have switched my VOIP service back to Telmex to make it reliable. I never ported my Telmex number to Ilox.

I suggest you ask Ilox to change you over to a public IP address and see if that improves your calling to Telmex numbers. I have no problem calling Telmex, Telcel or NOB numbers from my Ilox phone.

18 minutes ago, vivien said:

Same problem . Also cannot receive calls. Tech said all was fine.

What did your tech say?

The tech also said everything looked OK although I've never had a problem receiving calls, only dialing out to a Telmex number. Since I posted this all of my calls have gone through just fine. When it does fail, it seems to stay that way for a couple of days and then magically clears up

Have you tried a test calling a patient friend or someone you know is away over and over again alternating 7 and 10 digit dialing?  I've found that after failing a redial helps.

I've asked for a tech to come out to check the modem and hopefully while he's here it will fail. I was warned that there would be a charge for the service call in this situation but if that's what it takes to resolve the problem then it's worth it. Everything else with ILOX is fine with only the 2 outages in 3 months, one due to a transformer exploding.

• 2 months later...

Three months later the problem persists. It is still intermittent but often affects both outbound and inbound calls. This is the only problem I've had with ILOX where emails to noc@mail.ilox.mx are not answered. I'll have to assume they know about the issue but cannot offer any solution.

Has anyone re-ported their phone number back to Telmex having switched to ILOX? ILOX needed permission from Telmex to take the number so I'd assume Tellmex would need the same permission to get it back. I hate to do it but it's annoying to attempt calls to that won't go through. 

I have a handful of iLox users now, but none have reported anything; however, I don't know how many use the iLox phone or have tried long distance.. John, did you ever get a tech to come out? You mentioned earlier they said there would be a service charge, which makes little sense to me, since their first step should be to test the modem and throughput, which is their responsibility.

I have sent 3 emails over the last couple of months to support regarding the problem. ILOX responded quickly on the first one saying everything checked out on their end. No response at all from support after sending the last 2. That's unusual based on my experience and those who have posted here about ILOX. 

Maybe I'll try one more specifically asking for a tech to come to the house to check out the equipment at my expense. If nothing shows up and the problem continues I'll just have to go back to Telmex.

On 8/4/2019 at 2:34 PM, vivien said:

Same problem . Also cannot receive calls. Tech said all was fine.

What did your tech say?

same here, sometimes cannot receive calls. even had friend call from next to the modem and call wouldn't go through. other times it works fine, but annoying to be waiting for a phone call and not knowing if the phone will work....

After receiving a message that two of my neighbors in Las Salvias have the same problem I made yet another report passing along that info. They still don't seem to acknowledge there is a problem so I would ask that anyone that is suffering the same symptoms, send a short email to noc@mail.ilox.mx describing the problem including your address and contract number. Once a problem is acknowledged a solution can often be found. 

This time I did get a phone call from a tech at ILOX where I described the problem directly. The conversation was in Spanish so there were a few words that passed by I didn't get but shortly after I got an email from support. Progress? Maybe.

good day

As mentioned in the phone call, an adjustment was made to your service.

If you have any problems again, we are here to help.

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a new one as the saga continues...

Now every so often after making a call and connecting, about 10 seconds into the call we hear a message from ILOX saying the number is not available and the call is terminated.

I have to admit that ILOX is trying to solve the problem. Every day or so I get a call from a 353 area code and when I answer I just hear someone say phone check. Someone is calling to make sure I can receive calls. 

My neighbor immediately adjacent to my house who shares the same ILOX box on the street as me is having the same problem with making a connection. She called our house yesterday about 5 times. When we picked up we spoke but heard nothing. Neither did she.

Two customers having the same problem sharing the same equipment on the pole would make me think perhaps it's is a local problem. Hopefully ILOX will check it out soon. I really hate to go back to Telmex for phone service.

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

I feel compelled to tell people NOT to give up their TelMex number until this is all well-settled.

Can't argue that point.

If they can admit to the problem it can probably be identified and solved. I'll give them until year end before giving up completely with the phone service. No complaints at all with the Internet.