Chapala.com Webboard

onion rings

dennis clark

My favourite style of rings is from Harvey's in Canada. The batter is puffy, not bread-crumby like so many others. So more like a tempura style of deepfry, but certainly not tempura. And of course the flavour has as much to do with it. Mostly around here I see the breaded type. Dennis, which would you say more closely resembles what you are reporting on? I'll try anything once.

(Harvey's in top photo, typical rings in bottom photo.)

image.png.e0b707c84afccf0cd3d2f2b51cf9ea48.png

image.png.1484e6373638dbae6da0889ad80b12ec.png

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

My favourite style of rings is from Harvey's in Canada. The batter is puffy, not bread-crumby like so many others. So more like a tempura style of deepfry, but certainly not tempura. And of course the flavour has as much to do with it. Mostly around here I see the breaded type. Dennis, which would you say more closely resembles what you are reporting on? I'll try anything once.

Harveys makes everything a beautiful thing. But A&W  Canada makes very good onion rings too. The US  A&W does not compare favourably to to it's Canadian sister in anything. Too bad there is no Harveys or Canadian A&W here. A couple of years ago I talked to one of  A&W  Can. VP's but she told me Mexico was US responsibility. Harveys is owned by Recipe Unlimited[formerly Cara] and I  never managed to get through by phone. Maybe somebody else can try.

a and w onion rings.jpg

CG bottom one . I saw some come out yesterday, a bit over cooked. May want to give them a word ahead of time 🤔

3 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

• Thanks 1