Chapala.com Webboard

Emergency Preparedness

5 hours ago, ColleenB said:

Please take a few minutes to take an informal, anonymous, and CONFIDENTIAL survey that will help to assess (and hopefully improve) emergency preparedness Lakeside. This survey has been screened and okayed by both the Lake Chapala Society and Cruz Roja (Red Cross).

https://forms.gle/Evoa8JZ9dvYajTCD9

Thank you for posting this.  It's something everyone should do.  There will always be those who want to stick their heads in the sand about this type of thing.  Those who criticize...well,  ignore them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Most of what's on that list is totally  for the paranoid. I am worried about the status of our favourite tree right now and whether I can find a trike builder anywhere in Mexico.

Well the trike builder is valuable info.   Best I could come up with was buy the bike here and take it to Texas for the trike part.   Fun ride to boot!

13 hours ago, El Cartero said:

Well the trike builder is valuable info.   Best I could come up with was buy the bike here and take it to Texas for the trike part.   Fun ride to boot!

I live in Mexico and that's where I want to buy one with a Virago750 engine used and have somebody customize it further to my specs or find a builder who can do it from scratch.

I was CERT trained in the US in the event of natural or man-made disasters.  The Lakeside area is particularly vulnerable to traffic backups if a disaster were to happen.  The few roads would be clogged with traffic trying to flee.  Most people don't have enough supplies at hand to hunker down in place and survive very well.  High-calorie food, water for drinking and sanitary needs, clothing for any weather, sanitary supplies, cooking fuel, light, etc.  What are you going to do if an earthquake or landslide happens locally?  Reply on someone else to help you?  Others will be busy looking out for themselves and won't have needed resources for you and your family.  Be smart and be prepared.  There are dozens of websites to help figure out what to store and quantities for different lengths of time.  Three days supplies are the absolute minimum.

• Like 1

Good advice. But also if you're gonna be the one with all the supplies you'd better  be well prepared to defend them. Logic, as in I bought and paid for this stuff so it's mine, won't work very well when your hungry, thirsty neighbors realize what you have.

17 minutes ago, Yo1 said:

I was CERT trained in the US in the event of natural or man-made disasters.  The Lakeside area is particularly vulnerable to traffic backups if a disaster were to happen.  The few roads would be clogged with traffic trying to flee.  Most people don't have enough supplies at hand to hunker down in place and survive very well.  High-calorie food, water for drinking and sanitary needs, clothing for any weather, sanitary supplies, cooking fuel, light, etc.  What are you going to do if an earthquake or landslide happens locally?  Reply on someone else to help you?  Others will be busy looking out for themselves and won't have needed resources for you and your family.  Be smart and be prepared.  There are dozens of websites to help figure out what to store and quantities for different lengths of time.  Three days supplies are the absolute minimum.

I am a certified cynic of people that have watched too many disaster movies and feel the need for this nonsense here. My neighbour has a property full of cats so finding meat will be no problem and I keep a goodly supply of cerveza,tequila,mezcal, rum, vodka and Jim Beam.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3