Chapala.com Webboard

Baked potatoes

barcelonaman

There was a place beside the sushi place Masayume on the Ajijic carretera just beside the post office that made only baked potatoes, to stay or go, giant ones, with beef or shrimp, and cheese, onions... all kinds of toppings. A real meal unto itself. Haven't noticed it if is still there or not. Only open in the evenings.

• 2 weeks later...

Heidi and I haven't been to Tony's in years...never overly impressed. Yesterday afternoon we went for Aracherra. What a pleasant surprise! New owner, new menu and excellent food! Like the dummies we are, we each ordered the Aracherra baked potato and veggies. We could hardly finish one order! The Aracherra was excellent and the baked potato was huge and deliscious. I think better than Bruno's . We're going back tomorrow for Rib-Eye Tacos! They also have USDA Choice steaks...maybe next week!

That's quite an accolade, Rick. My people haven't been for years because of the lousy quality of... everything. In fact, we are going to Tony's Campestre on Saturday night where the "real" Tony brought his food back to life.

4 hours ago, heidinrick said:

Heidi and I haven't been to Tony's in years...never overly impressed. Yesterday afternoon we went for Aracherra. What a pleasant surprise! New owner, new menu and excellent food! Like the dummies we are, we each ordered the Aracherra baked potato and veggies. We could hardly finish one order! The Aracherra was excellent and the baked potato was huge and deliscious. I think better than Bruno's . We're going back tomorrow for Rib-Eye Tacos! They also have USDA Choice steaks...maybe next week!

Glad to hear that. Can you prevail what you paid? I posted here a while ago that I had a medium USDA rib eye there that came to $460 + 2 beers and tip...average quality. My experience with steaks in Mexico has not been good. I will try the Aracherra if the price is right and you say is tender. Gracias