Chapala.com Webboard

How much data does WAZE use (per hour?)

A couple of years ago, I was happily watching a lot of Netflix and youtube, when suddenly I couldn't get anything but WhatsApp and some other little thing. After a bunch of checking this and that, I thought I must have somehow run out of time. Went to the AT&T store (two year plan had not expired) and asked.

Seems that I had turned off WiFi and was using data for everything. Never made that mistake again.

I have a Garman with forever updates for USA, Mexico, Canada and looks like a dozen or more countries, but I have watched Uber/Taxi driver use WAZE, and I like the look better.

Thus my question.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, SunFan said:

Clueless, you really do fret over the most trivial matters.

SunFan

Truly, he does.

Many older individuals have anxiety but manage not to spread it around to everyone they come in contact with. Not so Clueless.

Thus, I find I must use the block feature. While constantly trying to prove himself to be the smartest on the block, he proves he is clueless more often than not. This I find incredibly sad, yet annoying at the same time. I hope he finds the help he so desperately needs soon.

• Like 2

We have a 2016 Honda and it has a USB slot so it stays charged. It also dims the music when it has something to say, unlike my Garmin.

I haven't noticed meaningful data usage when on the road.

Waze uses real-time updates on traffic, from the user community. Problem areas, closures, etc. For this you need a cellular data package, because it does not use WiFi while driving (for obvious reasons). I prefer it's car-centric interface and popups over Google Maps... not for directions, but for traffic info.

On 8/1/2019 at 11:30 AM, chapalence said:

Truly, he does.

Many older individuals have anxiety but manage not to spread it around to everyone they come in contact with. Not so Clueless.

Thus, I find I must use the block feature. While constantly trying to prove himself to be the smartest on the block, he proves he is clueless more often than not. This I find incredibly sad, yet annoying at the same time. I hope he finds the help he so desperately needs soon.

The ones with real problems are those who have a need to ignore legitimate posts in favor of slamming someone. These are the ones that really need help.