Chapala.com Webboard

Malta &Grill

Kyle

A little off the path but worth a try.  Follow the sign on the Carretera in San Antonio, just at the corner of the property with the blue balls on every pillar, turn toward the lake Then just follow the sign, about 3 blocks down.

interesting building and two guys who are trying really hard and know how to cook. We had breakfast, the omelet with grilled veggies was super as was the omelet with sugar whiskey bacon. All came with fresh homemade hash brown. Plus excellent coffee.The lunch menu looked good . And lots of mixed drinks and vino.

closed on Monday.  Tues. thru Thurs serving breakfast and lunch.  Friday and Saturday serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Give these young guys a try!

Head east on the carrretera until you hit Mirasal. You will see a sandwichboard type sign . Turn toward the lake. Go about 4 blocks. It will be on your left. There is a sign

I think at one time it may have been a house or hotel.  Very interesting architecture

21 hours ago, Kyle said:

Head east on the carrretera until you hit Mirasal. You will see a sandwichboard type sign . Turn toward the lake. Go about 4 blocks. It will be on your left. There is a sign

I think at one time it may have been a house or hotel.  Very interesting architecture

Or west. Not all readers live in the same pueblo. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/4/2019 at 9:05 PM, Travis said:

An absurdly stupid, invisible location. Irregular hours. AND understaffed. The recipe for a place determined to fail. After 11 years here, I quit chasing "promising" new restaurants a long time ago.

"Invisible" locations aren't always the kiss of death if a place gets known for its great food and service. Used to be a place in Vancouver, Chinatown, called the Green Door. Down a back alley, no signs, you had to know about it. Always packed, mostly Chinese, but a smattering of others who "knew". You could hear the mahjong tiles clattering in a back room that wasn't open to the public, may have been some opium smoking going on back there, too.

10 hours ago, mudgirl said:

"Invisible" locations aren't always the kiss of death if a place gets known for its great food and service. Used to be a place in Vancouver, Chinatown, called the Green Door. Down a back alley, no signs, you had to know about it. Always packed, mostly Chinese, but a smattering of others who "knew". You could hear the mahjong tiles clattering in a back room that wasn't open to the public, may have been some opium smoking going on back there, too.

Oh my, The Green Door...thanks for reawakening some wonderful recollections of some of the best local Chinese food ever!

6 hours ago, conejorapido said:

Oh my, The Green Door...thanks for reawakening some wonderful recollections of some of the best local Chinese food ever!

I kind of wondered if anyone else here might have known of that place. Really cool you remember it (was a looong time ago), thanks for letting me know.