Chapala.com Webboard

Another hit and run

Although off topic a little Harry’s post and Alpha’s experience raise the question of police action.  

Generally Hit and Run involves a personal injury and it would be of concern to at least one of the police services. 

Without a P.I. the offence is Fail to Remain at the Scene of an Accident.   While relevant north of the border is it of concern here and to whom?  It falls beyond the purview of Vialidad apparently and of no interest to the muni’s who need to “find committing” the offense. 

So for a FTR should it be reported to Ministerio Publico as is the case with Harry or just to your insurance company?

On 8/2/2019 at 9:11 AM, El congrejo said:

Although off topic a little Harry’s post and Alpha’s experience raise the question of police action.  

Generally Hit and Run involves a personal injury and it would be of concern to at least one of the police services. 

Without a P.I. the offence is Fail to Remain at the Scene of an Accident.   While relevant north of the border is it of concern here and to whom?  It falls beyond the purview of Vialidad apparently and of no interest to the muni’s who need to “find committing” the offense. 

So for a FTR should it be reported to Ministerio Publico as is the case with Harry or just to your insurance company?

I spent more wasted time with the MP office to know better. An exercise in frustration.