Chapala.com Webboard

Pocket Voice Translator

I have been looking online at the Pocket Voice Translators and am totally confused.  There are so many to choose from, and I am not very good at understanding "Tech Talk".  I would like some advice from those of you who have one; Best brand, most simple (I don't want a lot of functions, just voice translate), etc.  Your experiences with these devices would be appreciated.  Thanks!!!  Oh, and I will be using this for English to Spanish, and vice versa.

Is the app different from what I have on my Samsung android phone? I have Google and put in "translate" and get a translator. It also has mucho languages and works pretty well. The only real problem is that if the speaker pauses for more than 2 seconds, the microphone turns off. I have to manually change from English to Spanish and then back when the speaker changes.

There are no ads with the one on my phone.

This review came in one of my new-tech gadget newsletters this past week:

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimg.newatlas.com%

The Langogo Genesis is a hand-held pocket translator, smaller than a smartphone, that uses noise-cancelling microphones to translate between more than 100 languages, while offering you a 4G WiFi hotspot while you're travelling. We've been using one for the last few weeks.   Read more

1 hour ago, Aquaponicsman said:

This review came in one of my new-tech gadget newsletters this past week:

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimg.newatlas.com%

The Langogo Genesis is a hand-held pocket translator, smaller than a smartphone, that uses noise-cancelling microphones to translate between more than 100 languages, while offering you a 4G WiFi hotspot while you're travelling. We've been using one for the last few weeks.   Read more

Google Translate, last time I checked some years ago, did a stellar job translating between Euro languages, but was confusing and unhelpful when it came to very different languages like Chinese and Korean – to the point where many conversations had to grind to a halt, the other party looking at me in utter confusion. 

It has only got better... Also costs nothing than a download.