Chapala.com Webboard

Use for empty Yogurt containers?

I go thru' one - 900 ml container each 6 days.  Had a person who passed them on to a group that used them, but no longer. HATE to put in garbage after only one use.  Does anyone have a need for these?  I will happily save until I have enough to make it worth your while to come and get them

If you live in town, you can put your clean containers out in front of your house on any day or time when people are likely to be passing by, and they will pick them up.  It's a custom in the villages to put things outside your home that you don't need in order to share with others.  I live near the tianguis so I put my plastics out on that day with a little sign written by my maid that basically says These plastics are for you to reuse, please don't throw them away.  Think of the environment."  I also take a magic marker and write on the lid, "NO TIRAR, REUSAR!"  That means don't throw it away, but reuse it.  They are very handy for lunches for kids and husbands to take with them, but they have to get in the new habit of bringing them back to reuse.

Also, if you know any artists, they often need containers for water for their water colors.  Maybe the LCS or Efren Gonzales' art programs could use them.

Thanks to both.  Well aware of putting things out in the street and have done so for years.  Just didn't occur to me to use for these containers.  Will wait until I have enough and then do it.  And yes.... I speak and write Spanish do no problem getting the message across.

These containers are "top heavy" so would not be good for water or other art things.  More likely to spill than be helpful.  Just did give some other things to art program that I hope will be useful.