Chapala.com Webboard

BIG BLACK OUT SUN. NIGHT

ezpz

As a storm seems to be brewing, I was browsing the web board and suddenly, just now, the lights went out.  Lit by my laptop, unplugged, I took my flashlight and went up to my roof and everything was dark in all directions as far as I could see.  I live in the Lower East Side of Ajijic on the La Floresta border.  The lights on that side never seem to go out, so this seemed serious.  Then the lights came back on....  Think I'll shut down now and call it a night.  So far, we have had a lovely rainy season, no?

I tried to go to the French Bakery in West Ajijic at around 8 AM, this morning. Sadly they couldn't open because there was no power there. So I ended up at The Garden restaurant in the Ajijic square where there was power. 

I didn't know until I heard the buzz saws this morning but a huge eucalyptus tree fell over on Calle Juan Alvarez, just down from Alex's Pasta.  A large crew is working and the entire street is blocked off even to pedestrians so I was not able to see what damage was done - to houses or cars on the street.  I did hear something last night in the wind, maybe that was it.  My internet was out for several hours over the night but came back early this a.m.  Lots of wind, thunder, and lightning last night but only a bit or rain.

Caution: Self-serving plug here.

This is a time to think about that almost never used 2,500W generator I have listed.

I have sometimes been w/o power for several hours and on occasion, several days, usually on a weekend.

I can fire up my 4KW generator and run the whole house, including the modem.

• Sad 1